It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asylum laws to get tougher in Slovenia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In an effort to reduce chances of terrorism and prevent abuse of the asylum system lawmakers in Slovenia passed a law to tighten up the laws regarding Asylum.

EUbusiness

As part of the anti-terrorist protection, the new law introduces a preliminary police check of asylum seekers and eliminates the legal and financial assistance for seekers before they file an official application for asylum before the authorities.

Slovenia's Human Rights ombudsman Matjaz Hanzek warned the new asylum law will "make for refugees much more difficult or even impossible to gain asylum right."

"The law allows police filtration of asylum seekers and, in fact, puts in the police hands the decision," on the asylum procedure, Hanzek said in a statement.

I can see things getting tougher for Asylum seekers all across Europe in the future as fears of terrorism rise and as the worries of people abusing the asylum laws to enter the EU as economic migrants rises.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Makes you wonder.. let's just say that there is a one world order conspiracy.. and you were searching for a place to go to escape all this tyranny and totalitarian rule. Where would you go? Every western nation is clamping down in the same ways. Third world countries are unstable and one's presence there (by western standards) requires some amount of currency. It can be scary if you think about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I've thought about that myself and I think the only thing you could do is to try and find some sparsly populated region of the world and try to colonize that.

There are still vast areas of the world that have very few people in them.

Here's a global population density map:
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov

EDIT: You can see from that map that Europe really does need to limit the number of people moving into their countries.

It's already far too populated for the little bit of land that they have.

[edit on 6-2-2006 by AceOfBase]

join