It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Objects in Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Well my family and I were going out to eat at Applebees. As we were driving there, I was gazing out the window and saw a really thin streak like a jets make sort of, but it was wasn't scattered about, just in one spot and it was completley white/grayish. I thought it was some sort of cloud but then it gave off a quick bright shine and the sun came out for a bit. It must have been some metal object or something if it gave off a shine. Then I kept staring at it, and a few minutes later a really thin white strip appeared at the end of this "object" and I watched with excitement, but then object and the strip souddenly vanished instantly. Then about 5 minutes later when we were near Applebees, I saw another one of that object, but it was in a different direction than the other, almost exactly the opposite. I watched this one but to it's left, I saw a really tiny circular object shine from the sun, I thought it was a far away plane, but this one kept going down and then vanished, along with the other thin object moments later. I don't know what that was all about, and was wondering if anybody else saw something like this.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The description sounds like a weather balloon carrying a payload.

They can be difficult to see from some angles.

Every day, and every 12 hours, thousands of them are released over the planet in order to provide input data for the weather and climate forecasting services.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
to amplify:

here is a picture from Google images of a weather balloon which may be similar.

www.teamdroid.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The round object was much smaller and it suddenly vanished, and that doesn't explain the thin strips I saw that looked similar to Jet streaks, only solid and it reflected light, etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You might have seen a meteor(or meteorite? can't remember). I'd assume it's pretty rare to see them in the daylight, but it is possible.

Now that I think about it, I too have seen very fine streaks way up in the sky. I never did see an object though.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
could the white thin line have been some sort of jet exhaust? if it was, then it could explain how it vanished.

1. exhaust appears.
2. main object gets further away until it dissappears.
3. engine turned off, exhaust dissappears.
4. empty patch of sky.

That makes sense to me anyway.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I thought it was that at first but it shined, was fully white (although sometimes the lines jets make can appear solid color and not cloudy), and it shined when the sun glared on it >.<

new topics

top topics

join