It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You are what you read,watch,think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was jsut wondering How my life has changed.And i compare my life to that of the movie ET the extra terrestiral.I was kinda of adopted and befriended a woman whom I called mother.Although I was lost from my blood relatives I had someone who cared for me and whom I shared a bond.Im always sensitive to that movie as if I have a connection to it.I always have dreams about ET,but I realized thats not him in the dream,thats me as him.

Do you have any experiences like this?

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I dreamt of 3 ETs touching my front window when I was about 5. They had healing fingers, and they were bigger than the movie ET. That was about 1958, many years before the movie ET came out.

Dream distant places,
see alien faces,
go to faraway places...............

orphaned child o mine,
you will soon find,
faces that are kind.

HS

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
According to Quantum Physics, nothing exists until it is observed to exist. Matter only becomes real when it comes in contact with other matter. It is important to remember, that almost everything that we take for being "real" - is in fact not. Almost everything is made up of empty space, with thin sheets of probability surrounding it.

You're made up of cells, which are made up of molecules. There's space inbetween these molecules since they float around, and the electrical charges they give off repel each other once they're close enough. So nothing touches anything else. But even those molecules are made up of atoms, and those atoms aren't really touching each other. Not only that, but you have this electron that pops in and out of EXISTANCE so fast that it forms something like a shell around the atomic nucleus. But even the nucleus isn't really there... but only has probabilities of being there.

The entire universe it seems, is just oddly compacted and twisted energy. Nothing really exists.

So if you observe something to exist, you change the quantum likihood that it will actually come to be. In a sense, it's much like existentialism - you are only what you believe yourself to be. Believe in yourself, believe in what you can do, and you will do it.

Welcome to a universe that opens up infinite possibilities for you, but which through evolutionary upbringing we are taught to deny.

---------------

And yes, I have had dreams that have come true - but I've never been "someone else" in my dreams. I've always been me. Whether it's me as some insectoid killer - creeping around to find a prey and kill... or whether it's me as a kind of powerful psyker... it is always me.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Maybe i'm just an old man who is no longer in the loop, but after reading the first three posts here I had to sit back and ask myself, "What the hell are these people talking about?"

I'm going to go take some fiber now and maybe in the morning i'll figure out the point of this discussion.

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I just don't understand what the title of this thread has to do with the first post. Or what the third post has to do with anything at all.
Maybe I'm just being dense

Yarium mentioned something about having dreams that came true. If that's premonatory dreams, and that's what we're talking about, I've had a couple of those. Small, insignificant events. Just tonight I realized that I had another one.

I was at a superbowl party, sitting at a table with 3 women that I didn't know. They were talking. I was staring at a bowl of M&M's and the woman to my left was talking, waving her hands in emphasis of whatever it is she was saying. I was sort of in a trance-like state. When I snapped back, I realized that I had had a dream that this EXACT event had taken place. I remembered the dream, it struck me as odd when I had it because Ididn't recognize any of the women at the table.

The other one was a few months ago, though I had the dream a few years ago.
I was sitting backstage at the dress rehearsal for a play I was in. I was sitting on some stairs, partially behind the set. I looked up and out into the pews where the audience would be sitting the next night. Again, I was in this trance-like state. When I snapped out of it, I realized that I had seen it before, that EXACT same scene. The I remembered the dream. This dream had stuck out at me too, if I remember correctly, though I'm not sure exactly what about it stood out.

Funny how these things happen. Just leads me to believe that we all, as humans, have the power to know things like this in our minds. We just don't know how to use them.

Sorry if this had nothing to do with your thread.

--Kit.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
That's okay
- it's not really a concept we can understand. It's like a 4th spatial dimension. If it exists, we can't see it - because we exist, largely, in 3-dimensional space. But if the universe is 4-dimensional, then it could "curve" back in on itself. We'd see an infinite universe in a finite amount of space. Try to imagine going in a straight line, to the edge of the universe, only to end up back where you started. It doesn't make sense - we're simply not "programmed" to think that way.

But if you were 2-dimensional, and you lived in a 2-dimensional world, but the universe was actually just a super-massive 3-dimensional ball, what would you think? Being 2-dimensional, you can't even visualize, or think of a 3rd dimension - and if you travelled perfectly straight, you'd wind up back where you started, but would be flabergasted as to how you got back.

It's just that, we're not programmed to think like that. We're programmed to see the world at this macroscopic level - to interact with this barely held together nothingness that we call matter.

Want a quick catch-up though, Mr Wupy? Watch "What the Bleep do we Know?". You can rent it at a local movie-store. It'll bring you up to speed with this. But as the movie itself asks at the end... how far down the rabbit hole are you prepared to go?

The universe is far stranger than we can possibly imagine, with things occuring every instant that are so massive and incredible that we can't even begin to appreciate it.

I mean, look at electron wave-particle duality! The double slit experiment! You know the experiment with the light, and the two slits, and the series of bright and dark bars it produces? Well they did the same experiment, but shot electrons through, one - at - a - time, and it created the SAME pattern, as if the electrons were interacting with other electrons.

It proved that sometimes matter, not just light, behaves like a particle, and sometimes like a wave.

Why is this? Well, I have my own theories - and they spill off into the 4th dimension, and time, and the big bang, and probabilities - and a lot of other things. But, essentially, I believe that the electron is interacting with a virtual electron(s) from other quantum realities that are very closely linked with our own. Essentially, there are multiple universes in a 4-dimensional "supra-verse" that are, for all intents and purposes, our universe, except some quantum event (like where an electron is at any given moment) is different in that universe than in ours. When this occurs, that universe "splits off" - and will have other universes split off of it, ad infinitum - whilst we split off on ours.

So when you decide to "observe" something before it happens, you are really just pre-determining the universe that you will choose to belong it.

Coincidentally, so long as you believe in a soul, it can also explain seeing things in dreams before they happen, so-called Astral Projection, and other physical anomalies.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh, and what this has to do with the original post - I was trying to make a point on how, since they see themselves as being a certain way because of how their life progressed - why, from a physical world perspective, it may actually be the case.

I guess I just kinda got a bit lost with the beauty of such a universe.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
If you were replying to me, I think you misread me. I understood what you were saying just fine, just don't see where it fits in with the topic of this thread.

This thread looks like 2 unrelated threads smushed together. The topic doesn't fit with the posts, and the posts don't fit with each other.

--Kit.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
the topic is about what you watch or relate to is actually you!Like when you dream you may have other people or objects in your dream,but they represent you and your life experiences,hope that clears it up

HS

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
nice explanation of dreams kanya........and true .

In fact I took a nap after posting that little song I worte about you in my first post.
When I woke up I just heard the phrase below to some beautiful music.

"and the girl with no name smiled at me "
8:47 PM 2/5/06
woke to this singing phrase

So I have to agree yes dreams are made up of people you relate to, because I thought of the spirit of the song I just posted to you right after I woke up in relation to the phrase.

Now, it is my choice whether or not I sing these lyrics for a future CD I plan on making.

And she comes out of my mind,
kanya lady of mystery and time,
from heart to heart, kanya dream (can ya dream?)

Honor Seed

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
also I got some stuff from astrology,hindu jyotish astrology that is.Its very complex and i dont think I have alot of typing skilss to type the whole reasoning.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ah, I see now. SOrry for the confusion then, heh.

--Kit.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I enjoyed your posts Yarium

top topics

join