It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get the Description to the Comics Forum Changed..Please Read!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Calling all Comic Geeks!!,Dorks and Noids!!!!!!!!!

I've been Meaning to Post this for a while, but to be honest I'm really really busy nowadays, And i've never been much of a poster on here! Now at times I can post pretty Good arguments(when beer is involved)but I really don't complain to much. The only thing that has bothered me, Or to be more truthful , Bothered me enough to post a thread about, Is the Description of the comics board!!!!!!!

Can the Green Lantern take Batman? What about Superman versus The Hulk. Find out here.

What the Frag is that? seriously if you check out this thread i've made two posts about how i disagree with the current description. As well as others who had prolly had better suggestions to this forum, Espiecially Umbrax!

(its only four pages just read them all dammit!!)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

seriously is the whole medium going to be described as nothing more than a rumbles pit? Do you feel that this particular description best benefits this particular forum?

Now I know that we are lucky enough to have a Rumbles forerrr......I mean Comics Forum....Sorry the description confuses me

and I realize that ATS is not going to lose any new members or old members to the fact that something as INane as a Description on a forum that less than 1% of the members post on.

But this site isn't about being Innacurate! its about being honest, modern,and intellingent!

While someone might not explore this site for the fact that there is a Comic Forum , It really isn't an honest description of what goes on inside.

Now i wouldn't post this unless I thought it was Important! And to be honest I've barely posted in this forum to begin with

The best thing i've ever contributed to was on this particular thread.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

So the Question is What should the Comics Forum Description be?
If you want a decent argument against it please read the first link provided!

Now while the description might not seem as a thing needed to be changed the question is , If it could be changed than why hasn't it?

I don't like drama, To be honest I hate complaining! But seriously whats steps must be taken to have something as simple as a description changed to a forum? especially on that is only usually visited by Hardcore surfers of this site?

Now on my part i've only made one complaint, and sent two U2u's to to the moderators of this forum.

My suggestion, Change the god Damn description of this forum!!!

Imagine this particular description for the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Who would win a battle to the Death? The Atlanteans or the Neantherdals? Who has the best BBQ Ancient Egyptians or the Romans?

My suggestions? Let's Find a better description to this forum, Not only that but I also Suggest to make Umbrax a Moderator for this particualr Forum, He loves the subject ,makes Good Regular post here on this site, and also really cares about the subject!!

Now I know i'm Not a wave maker on this site! but seriously shouldn't every forum be the best that it can be? Why not only appoint someone who visits the forum Daily (like umbrax) to be moderator , but also rename the forum to something that might inspire a bit more posting?

Seriously as i posted on another thread(the first link i provided) the description Stinks of a rumbles forum,Something that you only post about imaginary battles about superheros, but its not that! Its a place to discuss not only a classic Medium in media ,news with reviews but also a place for us to kick back and just have a little meaningless fun!!

I know i'm not the only person to agree with what i've said, And I know that there aren't enough comic loves here to post a decent enough size thread to make it change. But Dog Nammit! Comics Taught me how to read English!!THey sparked My Imagination, and also were a stepping stone before I moved on to reading Novels!!! As well as being my current favorite means of Relaxation!!

Where there's a will there is a way!!! Lets show how much will we all have to make this change!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well said bordnlazy. Revising the comic book board description is something that I've wanted done ever since I've become a member here. I love BTS and the opportunity it gives me to chat about the great medium that is comics.
There are few big boards out there strictly for comics with thousands of members. One forum I know had nearly 15,000 members just talking about comics. That is pretty big compared to the dozens of people who post on BTS's comic board. But the BTS comics board beats these other comic forums because of its excellent management. I can't imagine a better environment than this one. Most other forums are bombarded by asinine behavior even from its moderators.
I'm glad to call this place my "stomping grounds."

Originally posted by bordnlazy
But this site isn't about being Innacurate! its about being honest, modern,and intellingent!

Exactly, that is what makes ATS/BTS great and I think that should be reflected in the description of the comics board. We really need a better description of the board we love that is closer to what is being discussed here.
Let’s look at the top 10 viewed threads on this board.

1. Online Super-Hero Maker.(super old thread so it shouldn't count
.)
2. X3: Your official information on X-men 3 starts here!
3. Joss Whedon has signed on to write and direct the Wonder Woman movie.
4. Spider-man 3. Venom Vs.Spiderman...Maybe.
5. What Superhero are you?
6. Ghost Rider Movie info.
7. What super power would you want?
8. How bad does the X-Men movies tick you off?
9. The L.A. Comic Convention!
10. Super Man Vs Bat Man Whos the Victor?

While someone might not explore this site for the fact that there is a Comic Forum , It really isn't an honest description of what goes on inside.

I think the current description may ward off some thinking that what goes on inside the comics forum may be too "nerdy" for them to get into.
The reality is that there is a comic book out there for everyone. Even my wife has her favorites that she has me pick up for her. Before we met she would have never thought of even looking at a comic book.

The best thing i've ever contributed to was on this particular thread.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

That is an awesome example of a thread that can intrest people outside of comic fandom. That thread is gold

Now while the description might not seem as a thing needed to be changed the question is , If it could be changed than why hasn't it?

That is an excellent question. I don't know much about the scripting that goes on with this website but I would think changing text would be something simple. Not only that, but the people who use this board have spoken and would really appreciate such a change. I hope some one in-the-know can chime in and shed some light on this question.

Imagine this particular description for the Ancient & Lost Civilizations forum

Ancient & Lost Civilizations

Who would win a battle to the Death? The Atlanteans or the Neantherdals? Who has the best BBQ Ancient Egyptians or the Romans?

I love that.

I really hope this thread helps in making some change. Thanks for stepping up and trying to make a difference bordnlazy. I hope others follow your lead.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Now while I realize that the Description for this forum will not hurt this site, I want people to know that I'm not suggesting anything Site-altering!!

This thread has been here for a couple days, and No-One beside me or umbrax has posted?

I mean not even an argument against it? that's kinda insulting to me?

I feel the description could be revised a bit to better describe what is found on this forum! Its not Mind Altering!! But seriously if it could get people don't normally look into the forum to actuall look into it for once , Trust me the change is worth it!!!

there have 2 post and 44views on this forum so far and trust me 12 of those are mine and Umbraxs'

Just for fun make a post and say what you think Would be a better description!

Here's for starters:

Comics
Discussion about comics
superman to garfield, mainstream to Indie, Discussion about comics
in Media,music and Movies!!!

See its not that tough, One of these post might actually be chose to be the new description , The funner the better!!!!!!!!!

Go for it people!! All you have to do is post about it!

[edit on 15-2-2006 by bordnlazy]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
This thread has been here for a couple days, and No-One beside me or umbrax has posted?

I mean not even an argument against it? that's kinda insulting to me?

Maybe others are also bored and lazy and won't post

Anyways, I haven't even visited the comics forum, but that description does sound a bit restricted and out-of-place, so you got my vote to change it.
And who knows, I might even drop by to see if there's a good discussion about Enki Bilal or Mézières/Christin! (I'm partial to the french comic style, no cookie-cutter Marvel Superheroes for me!)

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I agree the description is uber-geeky and reflects only one aspect of the wide media that is the comic book/Graphic novel.Surely it can't be hard to change a few words?
Maybe we should protest
By dancing
Or Petition signatures ?

[edit on 15/2/06 by obiwan15]

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I just for the first time saw who the moderators are for this forum. The only one I've seen post here is astrocreep. The other two, Quicksilver and Phoenix, I've never seen post before. Why not make Jimmy Hoffa a moderator of the Comics Forum as well?
j/k

Has anybody U2Ud an admin.? I'm sure one of them could find time between coffee breaks at Langley to respond. It seems a relatively harmless change, and one that would be for the betterment of the Comics Forum.

Peace

p.s. Not sure if you can be a Forum Subject Matter Expert in a BTS forum, but Umbrax would definitely qualify.

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
to u2u me the description you guys want and I'll put it up today as soon as I have it,.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Muchos gracias x 1 billion

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks Springer.

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Awesome it's finally getting done. There was like 2 or 3 threads going on about this as I've had Umbrax and others u2u me in the past wanting it changed. roxor i'm glad it worked out

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Damn THat is freaken Awesome!!!!!

Thanks alot SPringer the Change is Much appreciated!!!!

My Thanks to everyone that posted, So ummm.........what now?

posted on Feb, 16 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yeah...this is good that its getting changed, it will definatley oven up the graphic novel world to others on the forum, and thats got to be a good thing, theres so much good stuff around these days.

Regards.

new topics

top topics

join