It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bulldog spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I have started this post with a smiley becasue I dont want to upset anyone. Well hear goes...
I am a proud Uk citizen and I love america, infact I am coming to Chicago in november.
The thing is I have a real problem with George Bush Jnr and senior for that matter, and I have a problem with Tony Blair supporting him on a war in iraq. Dont get me worng I support a war on terrorism but rolling over countries will not stop terrorism, it will make it worse, have any of the israelis tactics in defending their homeland lessend tension and hatred in the middle east? I realise that as a super power the Us must act as a big brother to the world to lend support logistic and financial but it should be done through the Un towards a common goal of peace and not profit. We in the UK are deeply scared of George Bush and blatant disregeard for peace and world opinon. And yes the Uk took part but we were duped into it. We need to be able to hold our leaders to account.
Any way that was my random venting of my spleen and I am preparing to take cover and accept any barage you all want to send my way.
I do like americans but you government stinks!

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Well said, my young apprentice. I'd like to point out however, that you are not alone. Many people in America feel the way that you do. I'd also take with a grain of salt any report you hear coming from america, touting how high the support for 'lil dubya actually is. I'd sincerely doubt if it was above 45-50%. He's just not that popular, despite media claims. That being said, I'm wandering for a bit. Peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree. This may be a short post, but I'd like to point something out: the media is liberal, they swear Bush sucks, yet they boost him at every turn. Fools.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Oct, 11 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
hey pal, the media has always been prey to whatever information is fed them. The military has controled leaks to keep 'em happy, so does the political side of the machine. Sure they're liberally biased, they're afraid of a smaller government, and more strictly controlled rights of the press. But they're puppets, especially the larger media institutions.

new topics

top topics

join