It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Government told to consider taxing water.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Tax water, controversial scientist tells Canberra

Australia should tax water consumption instead of having water restrictions, says prominent Danish statistician Bjorn Lomborg.

words fail me on this one............. and yes we're in severe drought alredy......... you can bet that if they introduce this it wont go away anytime soon......

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
that would have to be the worst suggestion by a proffessional ever.

what happend to the people who cant afford to pay the extra money for their water.

that's the problem with the world today everything is money money money. they could use some of the $7bn budget surplus on water.

im not quite shure what i mean there but they could spend more on health, water, police, etc etc etc instead of a frickin war.

sorry for my mostly non-relevent post.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
ausconspiracies - I dont trust Howard enough to not consider this. And seriously consider this too.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No Australian politician would be stupid enough to do this.

Political suicide and All Australians wouldn't want it.

And we dont even need it either. We have enough tax as it is. The 7 billion tax surplus was because we were being taxed, taxed and then taxed again.

Water will not get taxed.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I wouldn't be too surprised if some government did tax the water supply.
Anything to squeeze a few more cents ,shillings or pesos
out of their citizens who in some places are taxed enough
as it is. That could be a good pun.
It's taxing to put up with this.

Honestly though I feel if the government could find a way to
tax the air we breathe they would probably do it.
Now that is frightening to contemplate.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It could happen, they have bandied that idea around here in Canada and we are supposed to have lots of water. But they always find an excuse to do what they want.

In a free-trade agreement we gave the US access to all the water supply that they needed guaranteed in future. Someone even suggested that if push came to shove and they wanted more supply that we would have to compromise in order to give it to them.

Either way water is going to be a battle ground in future in much of the world. Some futurists are saying that water will become more valuable than oil is now.

new topics

top topics

join