It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we God?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Science says that:
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
Everything is made of energy.

Thus...God is energy (he has always existed), and created the universe OUT OF HIMSELF (because really energy cannot be created, just used in different ways)....
Each of us is an individual, but we are as a whole the holy being himself.
I don't know much about quantum physics, although I have read that once quantum particles have been affiliated with each other, it appears that they continue to hold a link across space and time. Showing(in my mind)that we are all interconnected. (Also perhaps giving some credibilty to ESP and other such matters.)

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
No!
We, I assume you refer to mankind, are the creator of god. This is why god seems so rediculous and frought with all the human failures. We made god, we describe god and redescribe god ad infinitum. This process make any concept of a deity, no matter how sincere, if misinformed, seem rediculous.
So, we made god in our own image which is why god must always be anthropomorphized, which, in itself, is prima facie rediculous.
skep

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
We are 1/2 GOD. The half that is God is the GREY half!

....and that's the truth!

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I think your question can be answered a multitude of ways because its not clear on what your asking. I see the logic in your reasoning, but when you call God everything it gets confusing , as many people commonly referred to it as Nature. We are a part of nature, and when we die the elements that make up our bodies will continue to be a part of it.

As Carl Sagan said "We are all made of star-stuff."

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
anything, in this forsaken world is possible.

don't let anything become certain in your mind other than> even if we are god, we all die anyway!

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I will have to answer this with a resounding "YES"!!!

Absolutely!!! Most of the mystical philosophies would agree with you 100% - if you dig deep enough and can get beyond the dogma.

Now if we could only start treating each other, and all living things as if we were conscious of the interconnectedness - imagine the possibilities!

[edit on 3-2-2006 by Shawnna]

top topics

join