It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cindy Sheehan may run for CA senator

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Eck, I am usually with you on stuff like this, but she is a joke.

I will give her the grieving mother bit. Her story is very, very sad. I have three friends in Vietraq as we speak. I also give her a nod for standing up and demanding an explaination from Bush. Other than that, its all for publicity. She can't honestly believe people will take her political views seriously.

What is her education? What is her qualifications to critisize anyone in any administration?

It would be different if she was a political scientist, or at least an attorney, but she isnt. She is a grieving mother. I think her time would be better spent speaking to school kids or working at her local Democratic headquarters rather than protesting on CNN.

Her message is good, I just dont think she is helping her movement. Thats all.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So... she's only allowed to be and portray a 'grieving mother' in public? That's who she is and that's the only dimension she's allowed to explore? She's not allowed to state and campaign for her political views? She doesn't share the right of free speech with every other citizen of the USA? She's only one-dimensional?

Who are you to say what she should be doing, how she should be acting and what she should and shouldn't be saying?

It's fair to say that if her son hadn't been killed in Iraq, she'd be just another voice. She used the death of her son to leapfrog over many more sensible voices and to promote her political agenda.

She has been compared to Rosa Parks and MLK Jr. in this thread. Hardly, I say. She is more reminiscent of Rosie Ruiz who used the train to leapfrog over the real runners in the Boston Marathon.

Well, anyway, she's done the correct thing and dropped out of the race:

Iraq war protester Cindy Sheehan announced Thursday that she would not run against U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein, sparing the Democratic incumbent a high-profile challenger in the June primary.
Dropout

I remember seeing a picture of her walking in a crowd, with her head resting on Jesse Jackson's shoulder. She must have thought she had reached the point where people were taking her seriously, since JJ was there. Poor little thing - she doesn't realize that the Reverend, Great Shakedown Artist that he is, never appears anywhere in public unless he stands to gain from it.

<< 1   >>

join