It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your mind can be read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Scientists can now scan your brain and know what you are going to do before you do it or even think of doing it. This crap scares me it reminds me of the movie where people are arrested for thinking of doing something wrong. Well here is the link. i think this will cause some serious problems

posted on Jan, 28 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The article doesn't substantiate their claim at all. It simply says "Brains scans can now do this" and never mentions it again. It DOES describe scans and tests that can help determine the likelihood of developing bipolar disorder or dementia, which is a great positive step. Until there is some evidence of this "brain scan" technology, I'm going to have to call this a fabrication.

Ciao,
~MFP

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The montauk chair could read minds back in the 60's so I could see it.
Sucks but they cant monitor all of us anyway at the same time. I hope.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I wasn't familiar with the "Montauk Chair", so I did some research, and all I could find were some geocities.com sites and some personal websites. Can you substantiate this item with some real research?

Ciao,
~MFP

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yeah that freaks me out to, really it could be a very good thing, if this world wasnt so screwed up. But in a world today thats not to good. And that movie was with Tom Cruise and I dont think it worked out to good for him.lol

Cug

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   

the link provided
It is already possible to detect a person's intention or perceptions regardless of whether they are aware of them, and even if they try to cover them up.

Sounds like a polygraph to me.

I did find this story about brain-computer interfaces
www.wired.com...

But that seems like it will be a long time before it's working.

join