It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobra was an NWO organization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Now I know how this is going to sound. For those of you who dont know Cobra were the bad guys in the popular 80s cartoon series G.I.Joe. In this show Cobra were billed as a ruthless terrorist organization determined to rule the world.In the first season Cobra built and used a weather control device which worked by firing an energy beam into the ionosphere and redirecting it back to earth. Sound familiar[HAARP]. It seemed like every other episode involved a mass mind control plot. They wore nazi like uniforms. They even established corporate footing in America. Then you had G.I.Joe who acted as the world police show up all over the world causing massive amounts of collateral damage to fight terrorism. Now the point Im trying to get here is that I dont know any guy my age who did not grow up on G.I.Joe. The whole thing seemed somewhat prophetic and was possibly a way to desensitize us to the thought of perpetual war on terror and the NWO. Ofcourse I realize I might be reaching here but thats my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not only that, but COBRA was terrorists, an international organization of terrorists.

If al-qaida hire a guy with blue skin and a motorcycle gang as one of their operatives, or two twins whos' names are palindromes of one another, we'd all better worry.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We only wish the enemy was as clear cut as Zartan but I believe there are present day parallels that can be drawn here.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
actually, Zartan was a master of disguise and Zar-qawi is also a master of disguise, supposedly any ways.

Also, with the NWO idea, recall that the ultimate leader of cobra, the one who origianly directed the Cobra Commander, was the reptile-man (reptillians, icke) GLOBulus, the 'globe'. AND their secret lairs were deep in the "hollow" earth.

Cricky, I'm going to start watching old Transformers cartoons to find out if the Illuminati are up to anything there!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Exactly in the end with the Cobrala thing it was all connected to aliens.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Check this out
www.joeheadquarters.com...
try to draw the parallels with today.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
cobra was also a tactical unit within the LAPD during the seventies, don't know if it's still around.

Anybody wanna hear my theory on HE-MAN and the apocolypse?

Spiderj

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In the comic book Cobra established their own towns called Springfield. The citizens of these towns were rounded up and forced at gunpoint into semi trailers were the under wen brainwashing then were used for slave labor.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They did a great two part episode where they were thrown into an alternate reality where cobra had won. The statue of liberty was replaced with a statue of the baroness, mt rushmore had desro and cobra commander on it real erie stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I've noticed the similarities before as well.

I don't think that 80s kids were being prepared for a future with the NWO though.

In the 80s Marvel comics writer Larry Hamma created a group of commandos that were to be lead by Nick Fury's son. They were to take on Marvel's well known terrorist group Hydra. Marvel rejected Hamma's Idea until Hasbro came along.

In the 80's Hasbro looked at the success of the Star Wars toy line and wanted to relaunch G.i.Joe hoping for the same success. Hasbro approached Marvel for character design and they used Larry Hamma's ideas. Nick Fury's son became Duke and Hydra became Cobra.

[edit on 27/1/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I've noticed the similarities before as well.

I don't think that 80s kids were being prepared for a future with the NWO though.

In the 80s Marvel comics writer Larry Hamma created a group of commandos that were to be lead by Nick Fury's son. They were to take on Marvel's well known terrorist group Hydra. Marvel rejected Hamma's Idea until Hasbro came along.

In the 80's Hasbro looked at the success of the Star Wars toy line and wanted to relaunch G.i.Joe hoping for the same success. Hasbro approached Marvel for character design and they used Larry Hamma's ideas. Nick Fury's son became Duke and Hydra became Cobra.

[edit on 27/1/2006 by Umbrax]

True, but the situations they were placed in and cobra itself surely were modeled after current[at the time] conspiracy. I was in the army for some time and I cant tell you how many guys said they joined the army because they grew up on G.I.Joe. Im not saying the effect was intentional but you cant deny that we are shaped by our childhoods and that for many G.I.Joe was certainly an influence,intentional or not.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think there's some sort of COBRA which is responsible for handling anti terroist operations in the UK. They make the decision to eithre negotiate or send in the SAS CTU and kill the terroists.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You cant tell me they didnt try to influence children, they had a public service announcement at the end of every episode. Remember"knowing is half the battle" you know their whole conformity ad?

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
SoLaR513, as a child of the 80's I defiantly feel like I have been influenced by children’s television programming. Just about every cartoon we had was about good versus evil. While it never influenced me to join the military it has certainly put into my heart that I must stand up for what I feel is right. I actually credit a lot of my character to comic book more than Saturday morning cartoons. And all those cartoon were comics too. Transformers and G.I.Joe were best selling books in their time, even today they are doing pretty good.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I totally grew up on GI Joe. I couldn't recite a plot line if i had a gun to my head though. That's quite a memory you've got there.

But the idea of the bad guys taking over the world and the (US) hero kicking ass and taking names in the name of freedom has been around since 1776... give or take.

GI Joe as a prophetic cartoon is an interesting theory though.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Personally I joined the army for a steady paycheck. I loved the G.I.Joe comic I have every issue of every title they did[secret missions was particularily good] The comic seemed to capture more of an edgy feel to it that the show lacked.Transformers is a whole other topic. Yes the theme of good versus evil is undeniable cartoons were very cut and dry no doubts about who was good and who was evil you could just look at their clothes and tell. My point with Cobra however is how Nwo modeled they were and the fact that alot of it seems to mirror things going on today[I admit reaching here]

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
You cant tell me they didnt try to influence children, they had a public service announcement at the end of every episode. Remember"knowing is half the battle" you know their whole conformity ad?

lol.

I always figured they did that so they could get away with the violence in the cartoon. I remember He-Man had something similar.

Since were talking about the "knowing is half the battle" I'm going to have to toss this link onto here.
Edited G.I. Joe hilarity.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yeah ive seen most of those my favorite is porkchop sandwhiches i laughed till I cryed good stuff.

top topics

join