It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crow Briyani

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If you visit India, you will inevitabily have a taste of one of its favorite dishes - Chicken Briyani. This is a Mugul dish of fragrant saffron colored Basmati rice accompanied by delicious chicken. Its simply outta this world. But stalls by the roadside also sell Briyani, some at a quarter the cost of those sold in hotels. Beware though- they give you crow instead of chicken.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the dish. Do you have a recipe?

Just checking prioir to Googling it.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There are many versions of this dish on the web. A word of warning though. It is addictive, and if your neighbors get a taste of it, you will be cooking Briyani non stop for them

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Thanks, I will have to give it a try.

Living in a rural area provides an ample supply of crows from time to time. Hmmmm?! ?Nah!?

I will make it with chicken though.

edit - The proper name, for those interested , is actually Chicken/Crow Biryani

Google: recipes+chicken+biryani

Recipe

Enjoy!

[edit on 1/22/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I love briyani, it soo good! How does the crow meat taste? Im sure it wouldnt be too bad in amongst all those spices.

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
in my beffuddled state of confision i thoight the title was COW as in beef , sheesh

but to get back on topic - you should be glad youi got crow - you were lucky - at least you got some avian - its when ya get rat - thats when you know you are at the bottom of the fod chain

now to dig out my reciepie for rat stew - with worms - yummy - lol

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Briyani...bloody lovely, sometimes I forget how lucky we are in the UK sometimes having such a varied number of cultural dishes to endulge in.

Chicken Aloo Saag...My favourite

Crow...I wonder what that tastes like? Then again, I've often wondered what squirrel tastes like!

top topics

join