It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Pirate Ship Captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
In reponse to a report from the International Maritime Bureau, the U.S.S. Winston S. Churchill was dispatched to capture the Dhow. The rightful crew of the Dhow informed U.S. Navy investigators that they were boarded by pirates six days earlier, and have been under pirate control since. When crew from the U.S. Destroyer boarded the Dhow, they found 26 people, and a cache of small arms weapons.

www.cnn.com
The U.S. Navy boarded an apparent pirate ship in the Indian Ocean and detained 26 men for questioning, the Navy said Sunday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am happy to see that some people are finally taking a stand against this growing tend of pirating. I believe that we should have a less strict policy about firing on pirated vessles (as long as no rightful crew is on board).

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's not a growing trend. Piracy is down in nearly all waters. Everybody thinks pirates are a growing problem because there's been growing news coverage of piracy, but that's simply not the case. I did a thread on this trend a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once again, piracy is a shrinking problem to the best of my knowledge, not a growing problem.

new topics

join