It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gatekeepers of the Left??????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Since 9/11 I must say I have been skeptical of everything and everyone. So working from the basis that 'EVERYTHING I KNEW WAS WRONG' I decided I would look into most of the issues I took for granted as formulating my political beliefs. What I have discovered is the supposed left wing activist leaders may well be gatekeeping frauds.
Noam Chomsky for example appears to be a the godfather of the left and constitutional freedoms when in fact he has been empowered to be nothing more than a figurehead. www.venusproject.com...
Amy Goodman , another of the supposed left wing heroes and host of Pacifica's Democracy Now is also a fraud. Look into Pacifica Radio's origin and you'll find it to be a creation of Huxley and Leary in California back in the 50's.
Katrina Vanden Huevel, Editor of the Nation Magazine, garners support from the Rockafeller Foundation. The Rockafellers give nothing to any group unless they see a four fold return

mod edit to fix link

[edit on 20-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
That article about Chomsky is a piece of misinformed junk. Noam Chomsky is a prominent linguist, who is known to have developped the theory of "generative grammar" among other innovations in the field. He became known for his political positions over the last 20 years, and due mainly to his highly-acclaimed co-produced documentary "Manufacturing Consent". His position on 911 was only an addition to his long list of publications, interviews and lectures where he talked about how people in America get raped by the political elite every day. This information does not appear in this article, a it only presents Chomsky as a left-wing propagandist and hiding the very fact that he is basically a scientist who turned out to be taking some sociological and political positions over the years.

Above all, Chomsky admitted being a political anarchist, who thinks that any State has no legitimacy if it's not essentially based on real popular consensus AND action. Anarchism has nothing to do with the "left-wing" political movement, as it does not support any authoritarian policy and action by the government on society. Liberals, just as conservatives, are all supporting public action THROUGH the State as a way to make things better and see government's legitimacy as being irrefutable. Anarchists are completely outside of the political spectrum, and I don't think that a Rockefeller would give any support to anti-authoritarian intellectual who talks against the very empire that Rockefeller is part of!

[edit on 20/1/06 by Echtelion]

mod edit to remove quote of previous post

[edit on 20-1-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

join