It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future PCs ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have seen some very good examples of voice opperated software in use controlling an in car sound system. The technology is getting better compared to even a couple of years ago.

Just have to find a link for the car which has a HUD (head up display) projected onto the windscreen of a car (for map navigation)

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i would give it about 5-10 years before this technology becomes practical if it all , but they still need to find a way to solve the tactile problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The voice recognition software right now is excellent and has been for years. The reason its not catching on is that it requires the user to spend around 30 hours training it to fully recognize their voice and people are just to lazy for that. Voices are so different from one another that training will always be an issue. Even when we speak to each other we rely on other visuals to help us decipher what others are saying. For instance someone with a strong accent can be very difficult to understand even though they speak the same language. The other problem is background noise. Its everywhere. The software does not know whether its hearing the TV or you. I have voice recognition software on this computer and it works well. I can't use it though because of the people talking in the background. You also have to have a high quality headset specifically for this purpose. You cant use a $9.95 Comp USA special

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think a lot of people have probably seen this one recently, but as it wasn't in the thread:

The "Bookshelf" PC

Larger copies of each of the images are on the Purdue University site.

"How this computer is used closely resembles the traditional use of a bookshelf," says Son, a second-year graduate student from Seoul, South Korea. "Digital contents are downloaded through subscriptions, then arranged in each hardware attachment, which are provided by the subscription's service. The physical configuration of the unit permits users to visually navigate the categories of content as they do with books on a bookshelf.

It's an interesting concept, and going by how computers are becoming more of a multimedia device every day, I could see a design like this going well in the near future. Have a wireless connection to a large lcd television, and wireless input devices and you can incorporate probably the most ugly thing in the house (the biege box) much more aesthetically.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I was watching a show on the History channel that showed that when they are able to make computers from the atom up, computers the size of a laptop would have thousands of processors and probably a terabyte of memory and a petabyte of storage.

posted on Jan, 27 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
you can buy the keyboard now for about £100 from an Israeli firm.
It is compatible with pc's and phones etc and designed for people on the move.

where can you get those i want one can you order them online.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join