It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aeroscraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Just got done reading an article in popular science about a concept for a new airliner. Worldwide Aeros Corp. is trying to develop a flying cruiseship, part dirigible, part plane that would provide comfort over quick trips.

With a top speed predicted to be around 170 something, it would focus more on luxury accommodating passengers with amenities like staterooms, restaurants, etc. It would cruise at around 8,000ft so as to avoid the need for a pressurized cabin. This would enable them to use big windows providing some great views of the ground below.

If this thing does make it to production, I'd sure take it over a crowded airliner. Although it wouldn't actually be "lighter that air" it would use helium to offset about 2/3rds of it's weight, and use jet engines to provide vertical thrust.

Although it's a bit of an off the wall concept, I hope they make it. Check out the article Here.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I read that...and I think its great. With gaining interest in both civil & military I really hope that Airships take-off (no pun...(well kind of) intended)

That was my favorite article in the issue. better then the headlined one of rocket races in the sky. I've known those since they announced it...But it just doesn't interest me to much.

just figured i'd throw the pretty picture in.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Interestingly enough this doesn't seem like just another "possibility" that most likely we won't ever see. The little meter on the bottom right of the central picture is a scale of probablity of production. The left is "Not a Chance" while far right is "Book your tickets". Pop Sci rated it at about 4 tic marks away from the highest probability. Any realistic time frame on a service date? 2010? 2015?

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
That certainly is a pretty picture muriel.

Am I right in thinking that this is related to the vehicle in your other thread?

It reminds me of a project from the 1970's by a company called thermo skyships, remeber them at all?

Being British however it died a natural death but a flying saucer shaped test vehicle was produced before it did.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Crap it would be interesting to see this with a bunch of jdams and air to air missles even non nuclear ballistic missiles and nuclear warheads

new topics

top topics

join