It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu In IRAQ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A possible case of bird flu is being investigated in Iraq which borders Turkey. A teenage girl from a town that boarders Turkey misteriously feel ill and died 15 days later of an unknown cause. Suspected its bird flu she was sent for tests to confirm.

BBC BIRD FLU IN IRAQ

Iraq has ordered tests to confirm what may be the country's first case of bird flu, following the death of a girl in the northern city of Sulaymaniyah.

The teenage girl from a town near the border with Turkey and Iran died at a hospital in the city, 15 days after falling ill, officials said.

Tests are being carried out in Jordan to see whether the girl died from the lethal H5N1 strain of the virus.

This is especially scary since the US is in turkey right now which means its a very easy way for it to get to the us with the amount of traffic thats from troops in iraq although the posiblilty is remote the worry is there now.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well this is all the Iraqi people need, on top of everything that has gone wrong.

Lets not forget the other troops that are there, not just the US, this could affect UK and Austrailian troops.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
No known cases of H2H transmission yet....

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Iraqi girl's death not bird flu

The World Health Organization has dispelled fears that a girl who died in northern Iraq earlier this week had contracted bird flu.
She died in the city of Sulaymaniyah after an illness lasting 15 days.

Tests were carried out to see whether she had the H5N1 strain of bird flu, which has killed four people in Turkey, but the results were negative.
BBC

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sanc'.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
oh I am sorry if this is inappropriate but had to say picklewash that I lmao when I read ur sig...

lol

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
gee better get some glasses cos that wasnt picklewash's sig....actually belonged to Hands... um that is if I am reading it right!!???

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Aids, ebola, sars, mad cow, bird flu, none of these caused me the slightest concern but the disease "they" don't 'play up' but play down, despite killing as many as cars, wars, prescription drugs or unjust laws, may finally succeed in causing me, "terror".

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but compassion for those who have suffered the above diseases as I also have compassion for those who endure any suffering, but I just can't get worked up about a possible, potential pandemic, when callous injustice kills people everyday.

So what if 'bird flu' or the next great 'boogy bug' does take off, how just will the delivery of treatment and care be in a world that has made 'user pays' the accepted norm, no sorry, 'World Best Practice', for medical care?

Worry about some poor poultry in some poor country if you must, but I feel it would be wise to worry about the poverty stricken among the wealthy, who are far more likely to develope mutated human 2 human killer diseases, in an enviroment too exposed to disinfectants and antibiotics, to fight effectively.

People without regular, adequate, safe and clean shelter, food and water, get sick and can't well fight opportunistic diseases. That empty house you rent to that homeless family could save you dying from the disease they didn't get and pass on to you because they were warm and clean.

Yep, I vote the callous disregard/arrogant selfishness bug, mankinds deadliest disease and because it costs nothing but a change of heart to cure yet kills more each day, I see all past plagues as nought compared to our future deadly sufferings.

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Associated Press

A 15-year-old girl who died earlier this month in northern Iraq was a victim of the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu, the first known case of the disease in the country, a U.N. official and the region's health minister said Monday.

The U.S. Navy Medical Research Unit in the Egyptian capital conducted the tests determining the cause of death, using blood samples from the girl, the U.N. official said. He refused to be named because of the sensitivity of the issue.

The girl died Jan. 17 in a Kurdish area near the border with Turkey and Iran after contracting a severe lung infection. Her hometown of Ranya is just north of a reservoir that is a stopover for migratory birds from Turkey.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Apparently Girl who Died earlier this month WAS infected with the Deadly H5N1 Bird Flu Strain, meaning that this Disease has spread from Turkey to Iraq, which was only a Matter of time.

[edit on 30-1-2006 by sanctum]

top topics

join