It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler, Hess And Himmler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A Man in the Philippines is named Hitler! His name is actually Hitler Manila. He named his two sons Hess and Himmler as well, but he is not a nazi. He think it´s cool to have a memorable name such as Hitler. "Sometimes it helps with the ladies", he said. He almost got into trouble with some German tourists on one occasion...

Click on Hitler to read the full article...

Neen Tribune: The Name Game

A strange name has its unexpected advantages. "Sometimes it helps with the ladies," says Hitler Manila, a smile flashing beneath his thick mustache. "It's a memorable name, you know. But mostly, being called Hitler stops people mistaking me for somebody else." And that is no small matter here in the Philippines.

But foreigners aren't always prepared for it. Once, while on vacation on Boracay Island, south of the Philippine capital, Mr. Manila and a group of colleagues were shooting pool with some visiting Germans. The games began cordially enough. Then Mr. Manila wrote his name on the blackboard to signify that he had the next game. "They wouldn't believe that my name was Hitler," he says. Things were tense until Mr. Manila pulled out his driver's license as proof.

Now, Mr. Manila has decided to "carry on the tradition." He recently named his two sons Himmler and Hess, after Heinrich and Rudolf, two of Hitler's henchmen.

I´ve seen an advertizing poster from Taiwan which had Hitler on it. Hitler was supposed to sell their product in the west. They thought Hitler was very popular in the west
. And I also met people over there calling themselves names like Moses and Charlie Parker. But to actually have a driver's license with the name Hitler on it! Wow

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Where did this guy get the idea that Hitler was popular in the west. He was famous but not popular.
I'm curious if this guy even knows everything that Hitler did...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
There is also a case in America where a white supremacy couple named their kids Adolf and Hitler.
They hace since had their children removed by child services.
This was 2008 I think....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
We just offered a job to a guy who's first name is Stalin. He has a pretty good sense of humor about himself, but I guess you need to with a name like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There was a stand-up comedian awhile back that made a joke about the name hitler. He said "When's the last time you met somebody with the last name Hitler?" "I mean, how evil do you have to be that they retire your last name?"

Whats the thought process on the part of his parents? "You might have to have conversations with western people during your life so lets give you a good western name they can relate to. Jack? no. Johnny? no. Michael? no. Benjamin? no. I know, how about Hitler?" He might as well pass it down onto his kids. Makes a good icebreaker I'd imagine.

Its no worse than any hollywood idiot naming their children with beyond stupid names. "Pilot Inspektor" anyone? Yes, in about 15 years or so, there will be a person in the US walking into a bar with "Pilot Inspektor" listed on their ID and it will not be a fake one.

To be honest, the only lineage I'd be interested in finding is the rural irish "McLovin" family tree.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I know
a
Evis
and a
Jesus

top topics

join