It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA Exchange Program For Technology? .. . . . Yes, another speculatory thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Here is a concept that I thought I would just throw out there, and let you the members and contributors bounce around for awhile.

Yes speculation.

Why is it i value speculation so greatly? Because regurgitation of the same old facts is merely same old same old. The only way to get from the known to the unknown is to condition ourselves to ask the questions no one else has asked, and try to answer them.

Remember when trying to measure the conspiracy, we must be as attentive as we can towards these factors: Intentions. Cause and effect, actions and behaviors. And again, intentions. Speculation will be minimized if we pay attention to the details of the above mentioned, but speculation is important.

Why is Sir Isaac Newton famous? Not for noticing the apple fell! But for asking why the apple fell, and not the moon!! He asked the right question. And thus it led him to providing the means to state the parameters of Gravity.

So, I propose since it took us from 5,400 b.c. when we had horse drawn wagons to 7,300+ years later, in 1901 when 99% of the humans on Earth still utilizing beasts of burden to get from point A to point B, and in 1902 when the Ford Model-T began mass production it only took us 67 years from the model T to get to the moon.

5,400 b.c. to 1901 a.d = 7,301 years.

1902 to 1969 = 67 years.

Here is the concept:

DNA exchange program in exchange for Technology????

Have fun with it. I'll be either on the sidelines, or far removed from the conversation.

If you have a minute, or a few days:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

John

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
"DNA exchange program in exchange for Technology????"

Yes, I believe it happened/is happening. Not sure when, exactly, it started, but definitely believe it is going on.

JMO,
FibroKat

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i think this theory might just be a bunch of baloney, maybe even government sponsored baloney, to make it look like they actually have a clue, or have at least some control over the situation, which i doubt they do.

Like an advanced civilization would need permission from an earth government to take samples or conduct experiments, this just doesnt work for me. Its like humans going into the jungle and trying verbally to convince apes that they need to take one of the apes to the zoo. Why waste the time?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
OK. I'm no expert by any means, but I would like to pose a question.

If we are involved in such an exchange program, why are the benevolent entities giving us tech for DNA giving us methods that are currently destroying out planet? From the internal combustion engine, to the nuclear power plant, we are constructing things that pollute our mother home. We do not have the resources to sustain this technology indefinitely, and we lack the knowledge to clean up the mess. Our technology at the moment is creating more long term problems than it is solving short term ones. Does this sound like the benevolent work of helpful entities to you?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I must hasten to add that this is is all conjecture at this point of time as there are no concrete evidences to rely on.

From earth's perspective, the human race is best suited as workers for planets, with their amount of limbs and limited intelligence. We can breed like rabbits, think our way out of obstacles and productively produce a huge amount of food with our resources. Even deserts can be tamed by us to make them grow food.

We can create and adapt to machines to our bodily functions and intelligence to ensure maximum productivity. Compared to the other 'races' ( species ) of Earth, there can be no deny who is the most hard and intelligent productive worker to provide for a community.

However, if we were to be adapted for space travel, there may be some obstacles we may not be able to surmount. For example, astronauts have bones problem when they return to earth from a mission on space and have a medical programme to ensure it is strictly adhered to, unlike that of passengers who take daily flights around the world, amongst a list of many other ailments of long term space travel.

Perhaps thus the reason why 'aliens' who have adapted their bodily functions to space travel would be amazed with our DNA and culture?

But to assume 'aliens' want our DNA would leave several question marks, amongst them, are they so advance to bridge the gap between stars but are behind in DNA manipulation? More so when we have reports of 'aliens' visiting us over the centuries?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

Like an advanced civilization would need permission from an earth government to take samples or conduct experiments, this just doesnt work for me. Its like humans going into the jungle and trying verbally to convince apes that they need to take one of the apes to the zoo. Why waste the time?

Zoos have to get their animals from somewhere. And the zoo keepers don't always want to live in the jungle. So, why not just teach a few apes how to babysit? Go back to the jungle periodically to get what the zoo needs?

Implosion stated:

If we are involved in such an exchange program, why are the benevolent entities giving us tech for DNA giving us methods that are currently destroying out planet?

Well, very true. My first guess to this question would be: Because most people don't learn from lecturing. They learn through experience. So why not get us to this point when we are ready, and then let us learn from this stage in our development as long as suitably possible?

But, why want dna? Why need it?

Perhaps the answer lies in the theory of Panspermia. The idea of genetic matter making its way to other planets and spawning life.

Perhaps if aliens are in existance, and visiting us, and desiring our dna, it is because we are related, and they are trying to build a genetic clone of the original ancients?

Of course Seekerof Truth101 is absolutely correct. This is merely speculation and pure conjecture.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   
i am in no way saying its impossible, but the theory they retreived a crashed UFO and back engineered from there just seems more likely to me.

But if you want to keep your doings hidden, why risk telling anyone at all, why give the apes that kill each other on daily basis technology that they could use to destroy you?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Well, very true. My first guess to this question would be: Because most people don't learn from lecturing. They learn through experience. So why not get us to this point when we are ready, and then let us learn from this stage in our development as long as suitably possible?

I guess, if you take the rapid advancement in human technology over the last century, it would be logical to assume that at some point in the future, we will discover [receive?] some means of dealing with the environmental problems we currently face. [disposal of nuclear waste, global warming etc...]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Still on the territory of speculation, could there be other things that 'aliens' may be interested for trade? Afterall, just a tissue from our body would be enough as an exchange if they are so polite enough to ask rather than to grab.

Our DNA may be interesting, but could there be something more interesting in our DNA not discovered yet by us, which explains the continual visits, the way kids in a school lab would expose cell culture in a petri dish over time to determine the results? An ongoing cosmic biological experiment?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
DNA for technology exchange?

This would work if you explain why would alien with far advance technology need our ‘not so perfect’ DNA? They can get over 98% of our DNA from Chimps just for giving them some bananas.

Nice idea, but I don’t believe that they would offer us anything in exchange if they were interested in our DNA.

Progress that people made in last couple hundred years with transportation and everything else is due to advance in people’s thinking, ability to provide required tools for new advances, and investigating. Progress did speed up drastically, and if you haven’t notice, it is even more speeding up.

So, that would be my opinion.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I beleive this to be true. I think the greys have cross breeded the same genetics for so long that now they need new material, although its really hard to say whats the full truth at this point only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku

But if you want to keep your doings hidden, why risk telling anyone at all, why give the apes that kill each other on daily basis technology that they could use to destroy you?

Our Model - T Ford automobile was merely 104 years ago.

What if their Model - T Ford automobile was 3,000,000 years ago?

Destroy them?

I feel that it is unlikely we would be permitted to succeed, by ourselves.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
vietifulJoe & Dark bring up some interesting opinions.

Let me thow out one more thought.

What if we are the attempt to bring back something (a race) long gone, but related to many throughout a vast area, not just local. What if we are somehow guided on an evolutionary path.

After us, i wonder who will be permitted to advance?

Ants, perhaps? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
vietifulJoe & Dark bring up some interesting opinions.

Let me thow out one more thought.

What if we are the attempt to bring back something (a race) long gone, but related to many throughout a vast area, not just local. What if we are somehow guided on an evolutionary path.

So we are the mammoth breeders? Are we the carriers of the closest DNA that will give birth to a similar race, much like they plan to use asian elephants to breed extinct mammoths from extracted DNA? Perhaps they are breeding a better human to exist on another Earth-like planet...or take over ours after a global extinction event. Maybe we are the Neaderthals in the year 2400 and the newly bred hybrids are the dominant Earthlings. Has this happened before?

Eh I doubt it...I think they could extract all the DNA they want from the garbage of a barber shop or just grab some blood from a blood bank. Something more is going on with abductions (if real).

In my opinion science has sped it's advancement because the Age of Enlightenment finally rippened in the early 1900's. Our world is geared to sell the latest gadget and with the a global economy and communication system we can have billions of brains work in tandem instead of having a guy on a horse deliver a hand witten letter. I think much like the game Civilization, we put together enough key technologies and theories that allowed for the boom. I don't think the aliens have anything to do with that. Though I do think a crashed ship could introduce a few new advance technologies, still aliens are not responsible for our growth...we are.

I really don't think the aliens want anything from us. I'm sure we might have something to offer. But not at the expense of the aliens revealing themselves to the world and having to deal with our demands from our "saviours" to bail us out of our problems and fullfilling all our wishes. How much strawberry ice cream do they really want?

[edit on 1-14-2006 by Boogie]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm no expert on DNA, but it is my understanding that us Humans carry around a lot of unused "Junk" DNA. Maybe we should stop looking at what our DNA makes us, and focus on what it doesn't. What if what they wanted was a sequence contained within our "Junk" DNA?

Junk DNA.

Over 95 percent of DNA has largely unknown function.

[edit on 14/1/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hummm....I guess I got confused. I thought the DNA we were talking about came from things like eggs and sperm...but...the other may be happening, too...just taking DNA.

However, I believe that (speculation, here) a deal could have been made to take only certain DNA (eggs, sperm) from individuals who already had alien DNA intermixed with their human DNA. People with allergies could possibly have more alien DNA in them
? Strictly conjecture, of course.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
DNA exchange program

This idea could be true, but why do they need to take so many people? Surely just a few would do? The clever good looking ones maybe?

I think they could be altering our DNA. Putting us back and watching their experiment unfold?

As for the discussion about junk DNA. It does not make proteins, but it still contains information, perhaps for some other function that we don't know about yet.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Hi Guys,

I would suggest that maybe the DNA could be harvested and used with the DNA of an 'Alien race' to produce a more robust physical being, the soldier so to speak. Afterall it is taken for granted that aliens are intellectually superior to man but maybe they are physically inferior as a result.

Afterall technology has done away with most of our manual industries and turned many of us in the advanced nations of Earth into pen-pushers, couch potatoes and the like. If aliens are more technologically advanced then maybe, just maybe, they have become a species dependent solely on technology and automation to achieve every day living. Or.

Maybe they intend to invade Earth and are preparing future generations by engineering them to have our physical attributes to allow them to live on this lush green water-based planet. New Universal Order?? ;-]*

Great Topic!

Best Wishes

J

new topics

top topics

join