It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush advisor says Bush has legal power to torture kids?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
You have your views I have mine, I will again repeat, I don't view getting beat up, put in stress positions, simulated drowning, sleep deprivation, sensory deprivation, or psychological warfare as torture.

I strongly hope our intelligence services have the same view, for my sake.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
After reading this thread I can't believe my eyes. The critical thing is, I believe, this:

If the US torture is no different from the terrorists. How can you talk about the terrorists and the evil things they do, and say that they are the bad guys if you share the same methods.

If you torture someone, you just radicalized his views. I mean - the fact, that US of A become the biggest terroristic state ever, with secret jails in many countries and regulary using torture - has great impact on the radical islamists as well as the rest of the world.
(remember, all US of A consist is only 285 milions of insignificant goats, or so it seems to look)

In fact, terrorists are mostly fighting against obvious things like that Iraq occupation is illegal, there is double-standard when come to nucreal energy (never inspected and even admited to have anything in Dimona Izrael and wanna-be nuclear Iran, that can not make first nuke for many years, given the enriching time and his capacity need to do the task), the occupation of Palestine lands (the lands that aren't given by jews in 1948 I mean) and so on.

Now - thanks to US os A - there is another double-standard. US of A dare to ignore all Geneva conventions and war threaties (using WMD in Iraq, torture, detaining w/o accusation and so on). I better not mention invading countries based on lies and doing such stuff back from WW2 end...

Of course, any action will result in reaction. If US of A says that "torture is ok as long as you think you can save lifes" - and you can always think, but you will never ever know - then US army soldiers must expect that no-one will bother with any Geneva convencies anymore when come to US of A. Is this really what was wanted?

Torturing suspects (anyone can become suspect for one reason or another) means that torturing anyone is OK. It just fuel the Iraq resistance and also it will fuel the anti-america hatred in world. All in all, it will pay back.

And those, who agree on torture, should first experience it theirself.

PS. given the amount of entierly twisted believs there I dubt by post will ever be understand...
You guys are lost.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yes, there should be alternate forms of finding out information; not a hasty jump into causing physical or mental instability in order to force them to reveal something that they may never reveal. The United States is just going to be looked at more and more as the terrorists if we practice what we preech against.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join