It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mecca - The most powerful place on earth in terms of focused mental energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There are approximately 1 billion Muslims in the world. The Muslim religion calls for followers to face Mecca and pray, 5 times a day. Even with a conservative estimate, that is a lot of prayer, focused in one location. Wouldn't that place be the place of the most focused energy on earth?

Some people talk about Stonehenge, the Pyramids, etc. and how they are placed on planetary grids, ley lines, etc. and are places of ancient power. Predetermined locations, for what purpose is unknown, but some has drawn a correlation among ancient worship sites.

Why isn't Mecca ever included among these locations? I've heard about Mayan Pyramids, Egyptians Pyramids, Stonehenge, Nazca lines, why isn't Mecca a part of these?

I mean, with all of the mental energy (prayers), shouldn't Mecca be the most powerful place on Earth, in terms of focused mental energy?

EDIT: An annecdote: The hotels in Singapore, next to the Gideon Bible, is a Koran. On the bottom of the dresser drawer, a sticker, an arrow. Pointing towards Mecca, so guest know, if they need to.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by curme]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You pose a very interesting question actually. My curiosity it piqued and I'm off to do a little research on the matter.

The only thing that I'm aware of is that when I was in Egypt and there was call to prayer (yes 5 times a day) not only was it an event to watch but we learned that when someone makes the trek to Mecca it is one of their greatest achievements in life. The people have to meet certain criteria prior to making the trip and once they've accomplished this feat they were to wear different colors either on their heads or their galabayas, not sure which at the moment.

But it was interesting to hear about the intensity of the place and now you bring up a very good point. Off to see what the general concensus is.... be back hopefully with some insight.

here's a basic link with some cool information:

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the food for thought.

[edit on 12-1-2006 by Fliesatnite]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Some people talk about Stonehenge, the Pyramids, etc. and how they are placed on planetary grids, ley lines, etc. and are places of ancient power. Predetermined locations, for what purpose is unknown, but some has drawn a correlation among ancient worship sites.

Why isn't Mecca ever included among these locations? I've heard about Mayan Pyramids, Egyptians Pyramids, Stonehenge, Nazca lines, why isn't Mecca a part of these?

It is included.

Diagramed below are the three great circle alignments that include Mecca, and the four great circle alignments that include Easter Island and Mohenjo-Daro. Because one of the alignments includes all three sites, a total of six great circle alignments are shown. All of the intersections of these alignments that are above sea level are sites of historic or prehistoric world wonders. From left to right, the marked sites are Easter Island, Fatima, Rome, Siwa, Giza, Luxor, Mecca and Mohenjo-Daro.

Source...

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Curme that is a very interesting point, I always been a believer of the power of the mind and collective power of the masses.

You know how dangerous it could become if such an amount of energy will channel on the same outcome.

The can pretty much made the world stand still with the power of the mind.

Let's hope that they don't believe in any of that new age thinking.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
wow i never thought of that. thinks for bringing light to that. it seems very possible. im amazed when ever i see pictures or video of them in mass prayer. they all seem so focused on the same thing its insane to see.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just because there are a lot of people there doen't mean that its a place of spiritual power.

Afterall seen any miracles at the Super bowl? (apart from sporting ones). What about Woodstock?

Have there EVER been any reported miracles/ spiritual events at Mecca? Certinaly not as far as I have ever read.

Throwing rocks or performing rituals do nothing to invoke or create spiritual power. Empty words are just that regardless of what they are saying, or shouting.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They don't just point in the general direction of Mecca, they're looking towards the cube-shaped structure the kaaba and the rock (believe to be an meteorite) housed inside.

Does that make the Kaaba the most powerful cube on Earth and the rock the most powerful..well, rock?

We may never know...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
They don't just point in the general direction of Mecca, they're looking towards the cube-shaped structure the kaaba and the rock (believe to be an meteorite) housed inside.

Does that make the Kaaba the most powerful cube on Earth and the rock the most powerful..well, rock?

We may never know...

I'm a muslim, and visited mecca several times, I'd like to point out that the kaaba is empty -though used house pagan icons at some time-, and the rock (aka "the black stone") is on a display attached to it. But the word meteotite is a very interesting name for a rock with no match.

And I also laughed at the irony of Netchicken's post, since a lot of people show more loyalty to football than to God.

Archangel: interesting graph.

top topics

join