It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preschool

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

...the whole point of school is not to learn what causes earthquakes, 5 x 8, etc... the whole point is to teach kids to obey a higher authority...

And this, unfortunately, is far not the only think the school does...

Let's make an experiment and see what happens when a well educated adult wants to do something on his own in life. Marry, open a business, find a job... anything.

You will need.

1) One well educated grown up
2) A pen and a piece of paper

Now make up one number ( 0 to 9 ) that will stand for the "best choice" - million dollar business plan, great job, beautiful wife, etc.
Then make up another number that will stand for the "worst choice" - bankrupt business, lousy job, horrible wife.
Other 8 numbers stand for neutral choices.

Now let us take our educated grownup ( who doesn't know this numbers ) and give him a piece of paper, divided by a line into two parts - left and right.
His task will be to find the "best choice" and, by all means, avoid the "worst choice".

Tell him to write 5 numbers, among which he supposedly should have the "best choice" on the left side of the page. And another 5 numbers, that should be avoided, among which should be the "worst choice" on the right side.

Now he should "throw out" one number from the left side and re-write the remaining 4 numbers. Then throw out two more of them and re-write the remaining two numbers. And then throw out one of them, so leaving the number the he supposes stand for the "best choice".

The most fascinating thing is that 9 time out of 10, a well educated adult had left himself with the "worst choice".

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
... sounds like the "new math" in our schools have infected another poor soul 8^)

I saw on one math test: "... if math was color, what color would it be and how would you feel about it?
Talk about crap-ola......

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Looking at things in my view.
I did not go to preschool, I did not enter a school until I was in 2nd grade.
I had a tutor at home.
I graduated high school at 16.
I now at 22 hold two degrees (sociology and physics).Working on my masters,have studied at Yale and in England.

My family said that my Father was ruining my future.
Besides my father and I.
No one in our family has gone to university.
More than ten have not graduated high school.

I really do think that PARENTS have a huge impact on their children. Not if they go to preschool or not. I just wanted to show that, it is not a truly necessary step in a childs life.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Most of us don't remember pre-school. If we do, our memories consist of faint images of playing with blocks or show and tell etc. Nonetheless, the things that we don't remember probably have the most effect on our lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join