It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Write like a Time Traveller

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I got this idea from that BTS thread titled "Dear Time Travellers" and I thought it'd be a good idea to put something like it in here.
This is a writing excurcise(sp?) designed to get yourself thinking about time travel. Write about whats going on today like your a Time Traveller here to get a history lesson.
Tips: Keep reffering to events that haven't happened yet. Maybe the "Direct Neural Link Removal of 3450" or something.
Hope everyone has fun with this idea.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The mist cleared away and I stepped out of my pod in blue pants…what were they called? Oh yeah Jeans. How exciting, my first ever time travel experience. My time pod was disguised to look like some old form of automobile… a care, or car, that was it, a car.

Steam was rising up of several iron covers to an outdated collapsing tunnel system known as a…sewer that’s it. Hundreds of people would later fall into these in this city in about a year, which would eventually lead to cleaner ionization of water and waste vaporization units built into every building.

Everything was a little different from what the readings said. Not every building was collapsing, though they were a little short; with the tallest building only about twelve hundred feet tall. With the invention of plasticrete that would all change but bring on new era and definition of slums.

Everything is so exciting, just like the commercials have all said. I’m sure this will definitely help me with my exam in early Twenty First century civilization. Nobody is wearing personal data devices, except for early chronographers and data keepers. The skies were also clear, only a few planes every now and then.

Here in New York everyone was walking with a purpose, paying hardly any attention to anyone. Even people in these Cafay’s drinking this strange disgusting beverage, coffee I think paid little attention to anyone else. Eventually this drink would become condensed and enriched into a highly profitable yet cheap drug which would add to the deterioration of societies.

That was an interesting little assignment. Takes quite a bit of imagination coming up with a future for everything...unless I just totally missed the point of the excercise. It was fun either way.

[edit on 8-1-2006 by MrJingles]

join