It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near east

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I went to India (New Dehli) and Pakistan (Islamabad) in 2002 or maybe it was 2001, anyway. I have a pretty good time in India but in Pakistan we were holed up in the hotel so I have no frame of referrence. Can anyone tell me what kind of differences you'd expect between the two places. In India I found the people to be very nice for the most part (a little smelly but nice), sanitation was not a top priority but this might be my American "let's bathe twice a day and then put on cologne mentality" showing. Don't get me wrong, it was a great country to visit, really hot in late summer. I stayed at the Taj Hotel and the service was top notch. Pakistan on the other hand was just as hot and on the flight in we had to assault land because intel said we might be under threat from shoulder launched SAMS. We didn't leave the hotel because security was not "good". Strange how we got a partner in this thing that we cannot travel freely in the country because the crazies are out...maybe another thread later on "just who are our friends anyway".

join