It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Memphis 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
i suspect alot of you know about this story.

www.wm3.org if you don't.

what do you think? did they? didn't they?

i had a quick search for this topic on the boards and couldn't see anything. i was quite suprised.

apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

[edit on 3-1-2006 by shipman pi]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The step father of the murdered boy was, at least in my mind, the most obvious suspect. I mean the guy was absolute lunatic, but he died several years ago, basically making the case untenable for the WM3.

To surmise the case: Three Goth kids were accused and convicted of the rape, murder and mutilation of a little boy in the Robin Hood Hills of West Memphis, Arkansas. The detectives claimed the murder was the work of a satanist cult. Townspeople got so wrapped up in their feelings,that they naturally went after the most "likely" suspects. In this case, anyone who stood out in a surprisingly red neck town.

Of course, Damien Echols sunk the other two by being outlandish and over dramatic in court. He looked and acted guilty, like children often times do. Jessie Misskelley is borderlined retarded. So, Echols does this whole routine during his case, basically playing up the goth, Marylin Manson image - mouthing off to the judge and the jury.

All of a sudden, he wakes up when the door slammed behind him.

It's too bad he couldn't just get charged with being stupid. Though, I can't say that I feel too much sympathy for him for not taking the case serious back then. However, in checking out the website, the designers tend to get preachy, and manipulative.

Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin I feel bad for. Damien Echols finally has all the attention he ever wanted - it just happens to be on death row.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It really needs to be reinvestigated...

the kids may have been off or not taking the court seriously.. but hey.. their kids.. big supprise...

but no, they should not die for what they did not do.

Henry Rollins has been very vochal about this in the pat several years..

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm convinced the real killer was the boy's step father. He's a real moon worshipper - a lunatic. But, he's dead now, and there's no way that investigators can tie him into the actual crimes, because all the physical evidence is gone.

That's why I lament at their original stupidity, because had they taken it seriously the first time around, somebody could have done something. Somebody could have put the Step Father under cross. Somebody could have found some physical evidence that tied him to the crime.

But, now it's too late.

The bell's been rung, and there's no way now to prove them NOT guilty. The only hope for Damien Echols is a stay of execution from the governor of Arkansas.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think that those kids are completly innocent. I was reading the crime library story on this and it was a complete joke. First of all the supposed "cult experts" who testified against the kids in court were totally wrong about what Wicca is saying basically that Wicca is the same as Satanism, which it is totally not.

Now it's been a while since I read the story or visited the West memphis 3 website but if I remember right, there was lack of physical evidence. The victims were found to have been possibly drugged with a prescription drug that the step-father of the one child had a prescription of, experts said that the brutallity of the crime is consistant with a child abuse/parental killing. I mean come on, I think it's pretty obvious who did this crime and it wasn't the people who were charged with it.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brimstone735
I'm convinced the real killer was the boy's step father. He's a real moon worshipper - a lunatic. But, he's dead now

really? didnt know that. they're doomed then.

top topics

join