It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA seeks White House probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:37 AM
link   
WASHINGTON, Sept. 26 � The CIA has asked the Justice Department to investigate allegations that the White House broke federal laws by revealing the identity of one of its undercover employees in retaliation against the woman�s husband, a former ambassador who publicly criticized President Bush�s since-discredited claim that Iraq had sought weapons-grade uranium from Africa, NBC News has learned.

www.msnbc.com...

It's about time! What takes these things so long?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, would the W.H. knowingly send a Bush basher to Nigeria? I guess the only way we'll ever really now is of Novak gives up his source. This columnist claims to have known what Wilson's wife did and learned that information elsewhere:
www.nationalreview.com...

And, if anyone is interested, here is the July 14 article by Novak:
www.townhall.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
on drudge now:

'Nobody in the Bush administration called me to leak this 'In July I was interviewing a senior administration official on Ambassador Wilson's report when he told the trip was inspired by his wife, a CIA employee working on weapons of mass destruction. Another senior official told me the same thing. As a professional journalist with 46 years experience in Washington I do not reveal confidential sources. When I called the CIA in July to confirm Mrs. Wilson's involvement in the mission for her husband -- he is a former Clinton administration official -- they asked me not to use her name, but never indicated it would endanger her or anybody else. According to a confidential source at the CIA, Mrs. Wilson was an analyst, not a spy, not a covert operator, and not in charge of an undercover operatives'...

[Edited on 29-9-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
it is supposed that six other journalist got this information and none of them ran the story, only Novak. the CIA also told Novak not to print her name and he did it anyway--she's CIA, what was he thinking ???

he'll never give up a name. his story is obviously fake...i think he protest too much. I seen him on Crossfire and I was not impressed or convinced.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think Novak should hire bodyguards and have a food tester for the rest of his life. Because if I were the CIA, I would never allow him to die of old age.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How's it man? All I have to say is, if YOU were CIA I know a whole LOT of people that would be moving to Antarctica!!!!

PEACE...
m...

top topics

join