It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic membership drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Star of Bethlehem, Golden Rule and Lynnfield-Setland Masonic Lodges in Wakefield announces a unique one-day membership class to be held on Saturday, Nov. 1. This innovative class is being held in conjunction with The Grand Lodge of Masons in Massachusetts for prospective members wishing to join the leading social and charitable fraternal organization in the state. On this day, participants will fulfill all of the educational responsibilities allowing them to become a Master Mason in just one afternoon.

www.townonline.com...

It looks as though they're having a hard time keeping their membership up.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:05 AM
link   
60 minutes in Australia ran a story along the lines of masonic membership dropping about a year ago. I cant remembre the exact stats, but the basic point of the story was that the freemasons were a dying breed.

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
1. The big bubble of post WW2 membership in Freemasonry is dying off (from natural causes - mortality that is).

2. There is nothing unique about the making of master masons in one afternoon in the US, so these Lodges are being a bit misleading.

3. But, it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. Freemasonry in the US is unique in that way, and this kind of 'only in America' education program isn't universally respected.

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
MA,

Are you still on your U2U strike?

posted on Sep, 29 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm waiting for the regular sweeping away of U2Us on its regular cycle.

I did make an investment in my U2U infrastructure but noticed that the level of U2U activity from 75-30 days ago was extreme, so I am weaning myself off the U2U habit.

If you had a question on this topic that I could answer, I would probably be happy to answer it publicly (or is that publically) anyway!

All in an afternoon.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have been told that the Grand Lodge is not Grand. It's a splinter group of Freemasonry. Is this your opinion MA? You don't have to answer that one since it's not proper for masons to put other masons. There significant differences between the various groups from what I can see.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I, with the reccomendation of select relatives of mine, will be seeking membership once i'm out of grad school.

new topics

top topics

join