It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual Reality with my XBOX (HELP!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If you would be so kind, im wanting to buy some sort of VR headset / HMD (Head Mounted Display), and was wondering if any of you have one, or know of a particularly good brand.

Ive looked at a few but so far theyre either around $10,000 or dont specify what platform theyre compatible with etc.....

XBOX dont currently make their own HMD, but there is scatterings of conversation all around the net about people who have bought a PC HMD and used a USB to XBOX adapter cable, etc. If anybody could lend their expertise on how to accomplish that, it would be greatly appreciated thanks,

Shadow88

[edit on 28-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
well i can help you only so much to tell you that its dead easy to make a USB adapter for xbox, all you need is a busted controller which almost anyone owning XBOX has. You can find the instructions at www.xbox-scene.com in the tutorial section.

As for the VR on xbox i dont have a clue really, i personally wouldnt bother, theyre only good if you want a quich headache

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Since no home PC nor Xbox has anywhere near the actual power to run a true VR set, I'd save your money.

Those 'VR' sets from Sharper Image and whatnot are not really VR at all. They show a projected image in the set, sorta like that old Virtuaboy from Nintendo.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
All the VR sets ive seen so far have either there own batteries, or some have a wire to itsown source. Besides they dont take that much power.

What i need to know is how to use a PC based VR (many different makes) on my XBOX. I dont know what types of wires to use etc.

[edit on 30-12-2005 by Shadow88]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
while youre at it make sure you write a driver for the XBOX VR set as well

new topics

top topics

join