It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Gothic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The origin of gothisism or at least the true gothic.You know wears black and chains and hates everything.They are supposed to be true followers of god.Many after many years of searching and finding god find that the rest of the world has gone to hell.As the search goes on we find that the world has abused all that is good about god in the name of fear and power.So many people not having any love for god abusing his name to kill thousands upon thousands of people.They turn into something else.Many are not true gothic(it has turned into a fashion thing)But those who are follow god how they know.And let me tell you people.We have *SNIP* up.
I have been looking at the situation.We are so far of the path that it is almost too late..I wear what i wear and do what i do to challenge this
bullpoo I can beat my kids and be ok cause i go to church and im a good person.I dont even care that im a part of a world that doesnt realize that we are supposed to protect our earth not destroy it and everything else on it mentality.You know jesus tried and as far as we can see he failed at getting his message across.Be good to everything.The true christian does not discriminate for any reason..Why must so many be so hard on those who do not think the same ways.Whether we like it or not heaven and hell is a part of our lives.People will see it....If you let them look for themselves....be the change stand up......Dont listen to anyone else..Listen to god hes there in all of us.Let go of our desires for sin....Which is everything that our society stands for.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24/12/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Amen. Good post. Not too many people understand what is behind the darkness--either in people's appearances or around us. They judge automatically and don't realize, also, that unless we embrace ourselves as 'sinners' we will never understand ourselves as 'saints.'

I think Johnny Cash wore black to represent sackcloth, I think. He said he was wearing it until the LORD returned.

'Sack cloth' was the official ancient prophet-wear, and it was made from black goat's hair. (not comfortable, I bet, maybe smelly
but always in vogue) They mourned for God's name as it was not honored by the people who used it as a status symbol instead of a service badge.

Nothing has reallly changed, IMO, and everybody cries for the prophets, and as soon as they arrive, the stones start flying.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
wow. i never had heard that about goths... makes sense to me...
after all, 1 John 2:15 (Young's Literal Translation)
"Love not ye the world, nor the things in the world; if any one doth love the world, the love of the Father is not in him"
and
John 12:25 (New International Version)
25The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow, that's some really good stuff there. I had never considered that when I thought of Goths. Is there any established reason behind the name Goth? Is it a relation to the Goths that plagued Rome?

Thanks for sharing that Toralyin, opened up my eyes some more

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
I think Johnny Cash wore black to represent sackcloth, I think. He said he was wearing it until the LORD returned.

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black,
Why you never see bright colours on my back,
And why does my appearance seem to have a sombre tone.
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on.

I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down,
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town,
I wear it for the prisoner who has long paid for his crime,
But is there because he's a victim of the times.

I wear the black for those who never read,
Or listened to the words that Jesus said,
About the road to happiness through love and charity,
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me.

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
In our streak of lightnin' cars and fancy clothes,
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Up front there ought'a be a Man in Black.

I wear it for the sick and lonely old,
For the reckless ones whose bad trip left them cold,
I wear the black in mournin' for the lives that could have been,
Each week we lose a hundred fine young men.

And, I wear it for the thousands who have died,
Believin' that the Lord was on their side,
I wear it for another hundred thousand who have died,
Believin' that we all were on their side.

Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go,
But, till we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.

Oh, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man in Black.

-John R. Cash, House of Cash inc. 1971

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am speaking for myself for there is not many of my order left in the world.
I myself have fallen from his eyes.But all i have to do is forgive myself for all that i have done.Through questing and listening to my innerself or his word i shall go against all that i have learned in the world of man.I do not battle him for he sees my plight but i do not fight for him for to do so is to blaspheme.Scorned by all I grow closer to that which god has made small and out of the way the cracks in the pavement are from weeds that grow every day.One of my dark teachers once said Zachariah jesus is a sunflower that rises every day.Our world is stained so we wear that which is stained those who are pure fall prey while those in the shadows grow
strong.Well were growing strong too.We have to take back what is for everyone.The true children of god will show themselves as heritics and those who are against the church for the church no longer belongs to them or to god but to man and all their doings....

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The gothic representation is tied to the great witchhunts of old.this is where things get tricky.Its kind of sad most of those who were hunted were those who apposed the lord himself when study of magic and science was considered evil by the church of man and decreed that this and that is what god willed and all those who apposed this would be slaughtered (women and children too)In the name of his holy master.ARRRRGGGG
It makes me seeth with anger.Many lords used this to secure their positions in the church.I look into the eyes of those who cast me out and realize that they do not understand they do not love they are afriad of me
and what i stand for.I am not of them for i am of the truth that they do not see.We have become our own idols who worship the sons of their sins.They will wear the cross draped in black for the angels cry to them in the voices of the children you have set astray.-no one who strays one of those children will be allowed in the gates of heaven.-jesus book of mathew

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 02:12 AM
link   
well i wouldn't take it as far, but..
it adds an interesting light.

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yes i went a little overboard.Sometimes it is hard for me to control my thoughts and behavior....That was just some of the scriptures i have read
and figured out frrom other sources but the true message of jesus was almost the same except in his times the world wasnt so far gone or at least not the people in it although they killed him for being a heretic.
Against all that is their god....cursing the church of man...

posted on Dec, 22 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Perhaps i have come on too strongly.It is not to say that the church or religion of those who are in them are bad.Not at all.There are those who would see all of mankind enslaved within their world.It has become a problem.If it was not for the church i would not be here today.There is much power in many of the men and women who i have met along my way.
Individuals are not of what i speak but the whole.It is not a fact of whether people believe or not anymore.we are in war for the whole world.People are being manipulated to not see what we are.....I want to help.
You must realize that i am on fire every day.I have to be careful for i house much rage and pain.Things i have always felt.I do not mean to slam anyone but truth be told our histories are mostly false.......

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
toraylin, i'm with you on how bad "the church" is.. on how "lost" the world is..

i just try and remember that not only is "g-d" taking MY life where ever "he" wants it to go, but.. he's got the world, too... nothing can happen "he" does't "allow"... nothing can happen that in the end isn't a good thing.. or at least, that's the way i see it.. since "g-d" is good.

"g-d" is still in control of this world, and no matter how much darkness is in the world, no matter how much "the adversary" tries to keep the world from the light, "g-d" is still calling the shots..

my problem here, i realized last night, is faith.
i have faith in "g-d" in my own life. i have seen "his" power in my own life.
but when i look at the world, part of me wants to think it's too far gone to be brought back to the light.. but what kind of faith would that be?
how can i doubt the power of "g-d" to bring even the darkest of souls to light?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hollyjo I must say the it or whatever g-d is works in mysterious ways.
You have to understand that we are developing from almost nothing(well some think).Learning to think and act properly takes time and effort.There is only one thing stopping us from moving forward now and that is the past.
Hollyjo people only live for one hundred years or so.Even the smallest phrase or sentence can in time change the face of the world.Oh and just one little thing to make you chuckle once in a while.Try to notice how many people who claim to not think about or believe in god say both god damn and for christs sake.You will find it on the toungue of amost everyone(depending on where you are)....Trust me i'm here.Im doing something big...Cant really explain but lets just say im heading for a big music career soon.Its all part of the plan my friend.There are those who are here now amongst us who are here to protect us from whats going to happen/already happening.Just remember not to be so worried about ourselves,Its hard to not be so self concerned and look at human kind as a whole.Know that there are many stepping up to the plate.I am terrified hollyjo.
But....Although i walk through the valley of darkness i shall fear no evil..
I have a sword of god....That burns with the brightest fire.It can defeat any enemy with a single blow.It is what guides me and protects me from all that is evil.My heart........

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
first off, .. please don't tell me what i have to understand.

... i'm trying to agree with you here, talk to you, converse.. i'm not sure what exactly you are doing..
i'm not getting much of anything from your post.

and as far as saying goddamn.. yeah. i say it everyday.. one of my most used phrases, probably.. and what of it? god is not "g-ds" name.. saying god damn isn't taking his name in vain..

but yeah.. i really don't know what you are saying. .. i think you think you are saying something ...maybe comforting, or reassuring to me, i dn't know.
but that i need none of..
where as you are terrified, i am not.. i know EVERYTHING that happens in my life, in this world is because "g=d" has willed it, for some purpose..

i don't even know what to say here, toraylin, mainly because i have no clue what you are getting at...
.. i can't tell by yer last post that you read mine before it at all..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry.I swerve into a N.W.O fighting stance all the time.I try to follow everything and i have wound up pretty scrambled.When i say you have to understand i am not talking to you.I am used to speaking in a general way.
When i say anything it is just an opinion of mine.When talking about the universal force that we are part of there is many different aspects of thinking.Know that i believe in nothing.Well i dont know mabey i believe in too much.I really dont mean any harm hollyjo.I should not speak to anyone directly.

[edit on 24-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it's alright tor. i see you meant no harm..

..and you either believe in nothing, or too much, eh? is that one way of saying you don't really know what you believe?

....hm.. one can either believe, or know. .. and i KNOW there is Something. i KNOW there is Light, and Love, and Truth to be found.
..everything else, would be beliefs i guess.. i can't say i know anything else.. i can say i hope i know, or i'm pretty sure i know...
..but i think, for me, knowing, or thinking i know anything but Light, Love and Truth would be dangerous.. not only to myself, but to everything i affect directly or indirectly..
any ways i have of finding those things, any ideas i have defining them, etc, etc.. i'm not sure about anything i think.. nor am i sure about what anyone else thinks..

the Truth is inside each one of us.. and it is different for each one of us, for each situation.
there is nothing real besides the Truth.
the Truth also speaks to each one of us. ..we feel the Truth..
our journey is having the eyes, ears and awareness to know it.

personally, i think in order to do this, the ego, the adversary, the obstacle, "satan" must be overcome.
*note, the ego is ..part of life. we will never be free of it..* *ego, awareness was our fall. *

however... we go through life searching and searching for Truth... and as long as we are guided by the ego, controlled by the ego, ..we'll never find it.. why would the ego want us to find Truth.. ? it would be dead in Truth, powerless.. it fears the Truth.
..it's will to stay "alive' is so strong, and it's so good at decieving us that most of us don't even realize what is controlling us.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Good points.

The ego uses 'beliefs' to trick us into thinking in what we believe we have found the truth.

But even the most deepest conviction any human ever had--the only true 'knowing' that is possible for a mortal with limited perception--is still just based on something that's built of illusion.

I doesn't matter what we believe--as long as those beliefs keep us on an ever-progressing journey towards true agape (selfless love for one another). And I really do think that unless a person has a trust in an individual conception of the inconceivable Creator of some sort (besides evolution on it's own--evolution is not wrong, except when it is believed to be a force rather than a function) any love that comes from their heart is ultimately driven by ego.

We think we are giving when most of the time we are taking. And we don't realize that often giving involves receiving.

If we love one another, then God is within us--regardless of what we call the Creative Force, love is its only manifestation and proof. And if God is within us, then the only belief that our life depends on is already established.

The rest is details.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
couldn't agree more, annie..

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I would like to talk about the light for a moment.Im a warrior,self proclaimed
protector of the world,at least what little part of it i can.I try to use what i can to help people.Most of the time its with laughter or being true that gets through to people.I question why is everything happening?Why do i get to decide on so many things while others can not.How can i validate how i feel while so many suffer.It hurts inside I have seen the depths of man and what we can do.I stare it in the face everyday.I was in the depths of hell not long ago.I barely got my girlfriend and our animals out of
there.(i love my animals)_Many things happened to us.I was scared my friends.It took all my
courage and strength.I have battled those who are part of the tide of darkness.I have won and i have lost....

In all of it I believe i was there to get her out and save my soul.Although there were times when she didnt want anything to do with me.I would not leave her side.As the darkness took what was left of my light.I sent her away from me.She was safe at least.In my darkest hour I dont know if its love or what but i needed to stay alive.even now as she comes back to me(weve been separated for months)I feel that i must protect her.
I have never felt such strong notions before.We are the angels and the devils.Sometimes we have to do things that we cannot normaly do.In such cases where does courage and valor come from.When we feel the need to do something is it us who decides to help in a fight or take homeless people warm clothes,or is this where the true battle of god and the devil lie within our hearts and minds?

posted on Dec, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
I question why is everything happening?Why do i get to decide on so many things while others can not.How can i validate how i feel while so many suffer.It hurts inside I have seen the depths of man and what we can do.I stare it in the face everyday.I was in the depths of hell not long ago.I barely got my girlfriend and our animals out of
there.(i love my animals)_Many things happened to us.I was scared my friends.It took all my
courage and strength.I have battled those who are part of the tide of darkness.I have won and i have lost....

It sounds to me like you are being tried 'in the furnace of affliction.' And with the bible calling to you, that's another indication that a metamorphosis is taking place within you.
We are only perfected through our sufferings.

In all of it I believe i was there to get her out and save my soul.Although there were times when she didnt want anything to do with me.I would not leave her side.As the darkness took what was left of my light.I sent her away from me.She was safe at least.In my darkest hour I dont know if its love or what but i needed to stay alive.even now as she comes back to me(weve been separated for months)I feel that i must protect her.

I jump on people really quick when they say 'I must tell others about Jesus and save them.' Because it's BS. But the only kind of saving we can do for one another is what you describe. Only love wins the battle that has already been won. If that makes sense.

In such cases where does courage and valor come from.When we feel the need to do something is it us who decides to help in a fight or take homeless people warm clothes,or is this where the true battle of god and the devil lie within our hearts and minds?

I think you know the answer...
But I'll confirm for you that yes, it is the latter.

top topics

join