It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret surrender of the allies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I read somewhere (and I'm trying to remember where) there was a suggestion that at the end of WWII, literally on the last day...29/30th April, the US and the UK actually surrendered to the Germans for a few hours, and then later retracted the surrender.

I think it had something to do with advanced weapon tech the Nazis had going in Norway, and that, supposedly was their leverage. Possibly a nuke?

Also that Truman, at that point he'd just replaced Roosevelt, was vehemently anti-communist and was pushing to swing the war around against the Ruskies, whilst their boys were over there in Europe, and the Russians were pretty much spent out fighting the Germans.

Anyway, if I can find the link again to where I picked up this idea I'll post, but anyone else with any good historical links concerning conspiracies about the end of WWII, please let me know.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can believe we nearly sided with the Germans under Truman. I know he was a fervent anti-commie.

What I do know about the Nazi nuclear programme is that they had a go, but didn't get very far? If you google 'Nazi nuclear effort' or similar, you'll get some info on a guy called Werner Heisenberg (sp?) who was their Oppenheimer. I know they had a heavy water processor in Norway which I think is required as part of the uranium enrichment process, so it's possible they might have put together a bomb to threaten America, or more likely England? If they did manage to do something like that...I can imagine that's all it would have taken Truman to turn the war against Russia.

Anyway, an interesting idea. Let me know if you find that link so I can follow up on it

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Woaw talk about a conspiracy.
Try to find this link, it must really be interesting to read what they're saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
dammit!...if only I'd marked where I read this as a favourite. I was actually researching Werner Heisenberg when I stumbled across the idea. Freakin' google...I never seem to get the same results twice.

It was someone's blog, iirc. But he was referring to the declassified minutes of a meeting between the President and his joint chiefs some months after war in the pacific was over, referring to some event that occurred in the last week of the european war.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I know they had a heavy water processor in Norway which I think is required as part of the uranium enrichment process, so it's possible they might have put together a bomb to threaten America, or more likely England?

Alot of the speculation surrounding the Nazi bomb indicates they needed/wanted it against the Soviets, due to their mass numbers.

I doubt Hitler would have used the Nuke against the UK unless it was a last resort, as he didn't even want to fight us and did try on a few occasions to make peace, but Churchill didn't want to know.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I remember something about that on the history channel. Something about how Hitler actually wanted an alliance with the British. Supposedly he felt that if the British ever lost control of the Middle East, then the world's largest oil depot would then become filled with terrorists. Imagine that.

posted on Dec, 18 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by geeson31
I read somewhere (and I'm trying to remember where) there was a suggestion that at the end of WWII, literally on the last day...29/30th April, the US and the UK actually surrendered to the Germans for a few hours, and then later retracted the surrender.

This is highly incorrect and goes against anything recorded in documented history.
There was no such occurance as you have asserted.

I think it had something to do with advanced weapon tech the Nazis had going in Norway, and that, supposedly was their leverage. Possibly a nuke?

Though Hitler's scientist worked on such a device up to the end of the war, they would not have built anything to match what was dropped on Japan. Furthermore, by the time Hitler would have had a bomb, the US would have had one greater in destructive capability and would have been able to produce more than Hitler. Germany's defeat was inevitable and assured.
Nazis and the Bomb

seekerof

[edit on 18-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I would imagine the german rationale would be to make a bomb, and use it on a very visible target to signal to the Americans that they had the technology. Now the last thing the Americans (and British) would want, is for that technology to fall into Russian hands, would they?

I can see a clear motive along those lines. However, you are right....there's no demonstrable proof that something like that happened in the last week of the war.

posted on Dec, 19 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by geeson31
I would imagine the german rationale would be to make a bomb, and use it on a very visible target to signal to the Americans that they had the technology. Now the last thing the Americans (and British) would want, is for that technology to fall into Russian hands, would they?

I can see a clear motive along those lines. However, you are right....there's no demonstrable proof that something like that happened in the last week of the war.

Actually, as was stated early, Hitler did not want war with the British. He viewed them with respect as they too were also of Nordic descent, much like the Aryans he so believed in. He further held respect for the British with their announcement of a Jewish state in Palestine - It got the jews out of England, and gave him a place to send all of Germanys Jewish population - although, as history would dictate, the war began before this Jewish state could be solidly established, and in the aftermath of the holocaust was established by the UN with the Brits consent of carving up Palestine - which still belonged to them.

I'm not sure about the whole oil depot falling into terrorists hands idea, being that Hitler in fact supported Arab nationalism in the hopes that it would indeed free oil in the Middle East for him to grab and consume to feed his growing war machine.

Edit: I haven't ever heard of an allied surrender, perhaps the closest thing is Stalins consideration of a surrender and cessation of land to Germany when Hitler was on Moscows doorstep, but the allies convinced him otherwise with promises of technology and supplies, and the successful restablishment of his armored production deep in Russia also convinced him to stick the war through.

[edit on 19-12-2005 by Conquistadork]

new topics

top topics

join