It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other dimensions and the link between lucid dreams and psionic abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I actually unwittingly posted this thread under the Aliens and UFO's forum by mistake so I felt the need to repost it in a more suitable forum.

If you find all this too boring, just scroll down to the bottom of this post to find my point. I would like to go through the events that led to my interest in the subject of this thread.

A few weeks ago I was watching a TV documentary about Einstein's fruitless quest to develop a theory of everything encompassing quantam physics. He felt that there must be some way to accurately predict the speed and location of quantam particles. As a believer in God he simply could not come to terms with the thought that quantum particles were unpredictable leading to his famous quote, "God does not play dice." This led me to read more about quantam physics and the more I read, the more disheartened I become, because it started to make more and more sense that quantum particles were unpredictable. As I read further it lead to the theory that alternate universes and alternate realities exist, and eventually that perhaps there is no reality. I have long had a desire to learn more about what governs our physical world, and to me this possibility, caused me to question all that I know about the physical world because perhaps none of it is even real. No longer did I feel the learn any more about the physical world as it may all just exist in my mind.

This simply was not a satisfactory outcome and I decided I needed to develop some theory that would allow me to continue my interest in learning about the physical world and the way it works. I came to the conclusion that quantum physics involved elements of the physical world and the non-physical world. As physics is the study of the physical world, the fact that it's laws did not stand up in the non-physical world was perfectly acceptable. Most likely this explanation is quite innaccurate but it has allowed me to continue my quest so I'm satisfied with it.

Having overcome that hurdle, I continued to read more about quantum physics and other theories, which led to string theory and the existence of 11 dimensions, which enabled the universe to come into existence. I got to thinking about what these other dimensions might be as I have often heard about them but what they might be are not really explained. I started to think that some of these other dimensions might be the spirit world (inhabited by those who have died), alternate parralell universes, heaven, and the non-physical world (inhabited by those who are living). This led me to the theory that perhaps we could visit these othewr higher dimensions in a dream state.

I have long been able to realise that I was dreaming whilst in my dream (I believe the term is lucid dreaming). When this occurs I usually just do whatever I want and don't think about where my physical body is. I believe that when this occurs and I find myself in a lucid dream rather than just explore the imaginary world of my dream, I should be able to explore the physical world I live in. If and when I am able to do this while I'm sleeping I see no reason why I can't reach this state of mind while I'm awake. Furthermore why should I be restricted to the physical world, why couldn't I explore other places in the universes and indeed other dimensions.

At the present time I manage to have about one lucid dream per week and on a couple of these occasions I have remembered to concentrate on exploring reality firstly by viewing myself sleeping in my bed. So far when I have done this I woke up once straight away, the second time I was tricked into believing I woke up when actually I was just in a new dream and the last and most recent time I was tricked into believing I was actually exploring reality whilst dreaming but later found at that it was just a very realistic illusion.

However, i feel that I am making progress and that it is no longer a question of if but when I achieve my goal of exploring other dimensions. In the past I had been able to have lucid dreams about 5% of the time. Over the years this figure has increased to about 90%. The problem was as it increased the frequency with which I had dreams (or dreams that I remembered decreased to about 1 in every 3 months. However over the last couple of months I have had dreams every night and I now document my dreams and am able to have dreams every time I go to sleep. The only problem now is that the percentage of lucid dreams has fallen to about 5% again. I now suspect that this has always been the case and the fact that my frequency of dreams that I was remembering had deterioted so much led me to only remember the lucid dreams thus believing the percentage had reached 90%. However I apologise if you are all bored out of your brain from reading this but I felt the need to document it. Here is my discussion topic:

I wish to hear other people's opinions on the ability to attain or enhance Psionic abilities and explore other dimensions through lucid dreaming.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i think the answer to your question would be telepathy, and the ability for the human mind to coherently converse through these higher dimensions. the evolutionary growth spurt of the human mind, and consiously communicating above known levels of speech into high state of spiritual awareness. your lucid dreams are nothing more then a parler trick brought upon by more spiritually aware entities, who harbor your existance into these higher realms of being. imo

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have gone through a very strange and eventful life which has landed me in a very strange state of being.i have developed a very small amount of control of my frontal lobe well more to say that it is active,but the frontal lobe is not the only part of your body that you need to focus on.many different studies are needed to understand how to develope such things over time.One thing i will say is this.The best way to start is by studying human behaviour patterns,and how to read people through body language. Also focus on what you feel around these people and how they effect you.Another huge factor is how connected to your surroundings you are.Many people over time have shut off or just havent trained themselves to feel and listen to everything around them.We are bombarded with many different signals of information,Although we commonly believe in 5 there are many more.Its strange how many paople in our population will not think out side of basic school teachings.What i mean is that due to only seeing half the picture they believe that the other half doesnt exsist therefore not being able to see it . I have learnt more by thinking in my own way than i could have ever figured out had i listened in school.My basic point is if you have any chance to develpoe such things you need to start young i am twenty four,recognized in this scociety for having only a grade 9 education and thats ok with me.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Good post mytym. I, like you, try to explore the non-physical through dreaming. Maintaining the lucid state long enough to explore is my biggest problem though.

Here's a thought. It seems meditation is a key to psi abilities. Lucid dream yourself into a quite, peacful place and focus energy as you would in the physical world.

I never really thought about that until now. Have you tried that?

Anyway, good luck in your quest.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Good post..

In my own experiences, I've found that lucidity during dreams can be obtained by asking yourself (either out loud or to yourself), "Am I dreaming?" at a somewhat regular frequency throughout your conscious day.

What this does is implant the thought into your subconscious, and if done regularly, you'll find that it will 'awaken' you within your dream, and you will become lucid without even needing to try.

-hypo

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
When I dream lucidly I can do anything I want to, so I'm not sure that meditating in my dream in an attempt to focus energy will help in my quest to explore other dimensions but I thank you for the advice. In regards to asking my self if I am dreaming while awake to help carry it over into my dreams I am actually trying that at the moment. I have no doubt that it will work but I have to be careful not to fall into the trap of to just assuming I am awake when I am without seriously considering it or else the same thing will happen in my dream. I was told in another thread to think of a symbol that could alert me to the fact that I was dreaming everytime I see it in my dream so I am trying that as well. At the moment I notice that there are a couple of natural triggers that seem to work quite well: Seeing people that I know have already died seems to do the trick as does the feeling of fear quite regularly.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I was wondering mytym, about how long does it take you to realize you're dreaming?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I too, lucid dream. Have since I was a teenager. I know when I'm dreaming, just as if I were awake. I generally allow the dream to follow through to it's own conclusion, but in the rare instance it becomes frightening, I simply wake myself.
Also, if I'm having trouble with something at work, I'll introduce the problem into a dream, and let it play out.
I've had some great ( and correct ) insight from doing this. I think the answer was in my mind all along, but it needed the freedom to sort things out.
Great post !!

My 2 cents,
Lex

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rev_Godslapper
I was wondering mytym, about how long does it take you to realize you're dreaming?

Rarely do I realise straight away, and often there is no specific time I can pinpoint as to when the dream became lucid. When I do realise it is usually due to some sort of trigger within the dream. I have noticed that I act and think differently within my dream than I do when I'm awake and sometimes this acts as the trigger because I realise I'm doing things that I wouldn't normally do, such as acting without any regard for the consequences.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I hope this helps mytym. I've always found that sleeping on my back improves my ability of having a lucid dream and prolongs the dream itself to even a minor extent. I've tried recalling dreams while lying in different positions and have found that sleeping on my side with my head turned the opposite way of my stomach, induces more vivid lucid dreams. Also, when I use to drink alot I would have many more lucid dreams.

You haven't replied for awhile. How's your endevor going?

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I too, Have heard that lying on your back when you sleep increass your chances ofhaving lucid dreams, I may have to try that. I don't drink so I can't really comment on the effects of alcohol. Lately my lucid dream strike rate has increased from 1 per week to about 2 per week, which is a good sign. I have also started doing checks during the waking hours to create a habit that I will repeat in my dreams. So far it hasn't worked but it is early days. As far as travelling to different dimensions, I have had about 3 semi-OOB-like experiences where I have both tried to see myself sleeping in my room and also travel to a different timezone like New York, pick up a paper and read the headlines for the purpose of verifying reality on the internet when I awake the following morning. I haven't been able to get there as yet, as I don't seem to be able to phase as easily in this setting as I can in a standard lucid dream.

I have had other small moments of encouragement where I have seen a couple of flashes of light in the night sky, multiple moving star-like objects (probably just satellites), thoughts that turn into dreams without going to sleep and also a couple of times I have woken up and felt as if I specifically knew what time it was, and it was pretty close to it when I checked. They're probably nothing, but I am taking whatever positives out of them I can find. Despite a seemingly small amount of progress, I have no doubt that I will achieve my goal in time and each night I go to bed I am excited by the prospect of what I might experience.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
A strange thing has occurred recently in my quest. Up until a week ago my lucid dream ratio had steadily increased to about one every two to three days, but in the last seven days I have not had one. They've just dried up. I am using the look at your hands technique during the day to try and carry over to the dream world. It has worked once but I need to get the reliability under control. The strange thing is in these last seven days, despite not having any lucid dreams, I am now having an unbelieveable number of normal dreams each night. Probably 10-15 each night. Last night between 3am and 6.30am I counted 18! I'm thinking this may be a positive though, and it may be presenting me with an opportunity for an alternative route to Astreality and inter-dimensional travel. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I have been told that one of the first steps to growing spiritually and becoming more in tune with the non-physical dimensions, is to work on increasing your awareness zone. Just last week I began wondering if a way to do this might be to concentrate on sharpening the five commonly used senses to create a flow on effect that in turn helps to sharpen the other less recognised sesnses. Perhaps one could try and hear fainter noises, or see longer distances or smell more subtle aromas. Has anyone tried this technique, and if so, what success have you had?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Not sure if others have commented on the the fact that connections of other dimensions can happen in your conscious state, not just your unconscious state or dream state. Couldn't hallucinating or deja vu been seen as possibilities where people have 'crossed' into another world or another dimension has crossed into ours? Not that i support the idea of narcotics but research into '___' has often pointed to the ability to tap through walls, not necessarily in a good way however. Also recently there has been evidence, or so i have read in the news lately about Magic Mushrooms being of use to tap into the spirit world, thats been depicted in texts for a number of years.

i dont really have a point, only to say that if this may be the case for some people with their experiences maybe its only a matter of time before we develop ways without the aids of drugs and without the dream state to reach other dimensions. Maybe its about lifting the veil as apposed to seeing through it.

The more research i do into the possible different dimensions and evidence available in our world today the more i think its possible, my main thing has been looking into the possible relationship between 'gifted' individuals and mental health. The relationship is really quite interesting. Just food for thought really.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mytym

I don't think you need to do the lucid dreaming thing. I think just plain meditation could help you explore in some way other dimensions. Ever since I started to meditate I have been 'seeing" memories I know are not from this reality, but were possible if only I had made a different choice. One I am surely dead in, this one came easiest, as I guess the conciousness was absorbed into the living remaining alternate mes. I don't know if this is in fact why it came easier, just a theory really. But you may not actually BE in the dimensions you just might start seeing alternate memories existing alongside what memories you do have from the same time frame.

join