It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we ''wish'' for things to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've recently been thinking about wishing, we all do it... who hears these wishes and why do people think they will come true? I have personally wished for something to happen, which I will not discuss because it is very personal & serious, and 2 months later it almost happened...i''m just curious about this subject because it makes me wonder..as the old saying goes..''be careful what you wish for.'' What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
''be careful what you wish for

Yes that is a rule i live by,

a wish is almost a way of asking for help,

ie, if you have depts you wish for some good fortune,

In this instance i would say things like angels have a hand in,

You may not always get what you wish for but what you need,

I try not to wish for much, i try to make things happen, Agreed somethings you just need that little bit more help with so i ask for help via an angel,

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
because people tend to get pissed off when you start demanding things!

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We wish for things that we know we cannot have, we do this because it gives us a hope. Even if it is a false hope. Wishing is just a way of making ourselves feel better. I wish I could be a pilot, but it's just not going to happen, wishing gives me something to think about.

But, if you have wished and it has came true, I respect that. I know a fair few people that have wished and its came true.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
and dont wish bad things on people as it usually comes back on u 4fold.

trust me

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think that when you wish for something it means that you want something. So by saying "I wish..." it just makes it a little less selfish. Wishing, as in knowing that you can't have or do or the odds being extremely against it, instead of wanting which is almost asking?

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, IMHO, when you wish something, the strength of your thought may "flow" and interact with what's happening.

Usually, as Newton teaches us, this has an action-reaction effect: probably that's why people use to warn you/us about what we're wishing.

Personally, after an experience that gave me really a lot of thinking, now i try and be very careful on what i wish, and try to stick only on good things.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
In some circles of my studies what everything boils down to is you.
The biggest influence on your world is you.Many people are tuned into
very little and operate on a basic level of the sense sight and learn to rely on that sense to determine what they know.Just because they are taught this early,and this becomes their intention they influence their reality this way.How many of you say id like to see that or i wouldnt believe that even if i see it.Now in my lore a wish is small gypsy magic.I am part of the gypsy
world.You might be more aware and tuned to certain frquencies of information than you think?In a quantum way you are putting your will into this and if you are I dont know doing it properly?You can achieve what it is that you want to do.I have also witnessed this in my own life.Alot of it has to do with the way you think.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by toraylin]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Seriously, I have wished something horrific which I have actually prayed to God for for Forgiveness. I don't even remember what happened... I was taking a shower one day and I couldn't control the urge to stop myself from wishing this.. everyday it effects me, from the moment I wake up til the moment I fall to sleep.
My wish did not fully come true but it did happen to an extent,, just enough for me to realize that I am controler of my life, and where it goes.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well let me talk about another one of my fields...Voodoo.
Now a wish is a wish.....But to wish something towards something else
is many things.The strongest of the pack(and one of the least followed is voodoo.Now in order to become strong you have to go deep into many things which would scare the hell out of most people.There are many things around us(I totally believe in nothing by the way)and if you are as what some people call gifted although i hate it.you can feel alot of them.Most people dont let themeselves.Now when you ask the air something what drove you to do that?Ask yourself get all the mundane work and t.v and dinner and desire out of the way.What truly made you ask that?Do you wonder if something might grant you this do you hope that something is just listening.Or do you just want to express yourself infact why do you do anything?I Do you tell yourself that you want to walk over to the sink?We think we do? dont we.How do we think?

Im sorry epiphany i got off track.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There are creative ways to "wish" and they have a greater chance of coming true if you do a little preperation.

Before you wish for a Porche, get a good job first. It's simple, but it's not easy, but it works almost every time.

Hint: Don't make deals with God. Don't say "God I'll never get drunk again if you will take care of this DUI. " She just hates it when you do this!

[edit on 14-12-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I quit wishing for things a few years when I realized I no longer wanted to feel that false hope. Plus I knew that I would never get what I really wanted and should I get I doubted that I would be where I am at now in my life.

top topics

join