It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antigravity / Free-runing drives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would like to talk about implications, of possibility, what would happen if invention like this gets out?

A lot of people are talking about inventing this from scratch, but i want to say that the manuscript describing such energy already exist.

But before that lets look at the forces present.

You have to look at it in two ways: a, is that so many vehicles and aircrafts .... its the same what happened to horses when the car was invented.

There you have multi billion dollar corporations that will be quite unhappy.

But on the other hand you can think about how many enterpreneur corporations will become interested. Do you see what i mean.

But suppose you had access antigravity, i would thro a big party and celebrate. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I do not believe anti-gravity exists... nor does this so called "Cosmic Antigravity" - quaintly renamed "Vacuum Energy".

If you did find a way to reverse the polarity of gravity (since it only seems to work in one way - due to it being a force rather than an affect), then wow, yes, it would be quite something. Depending on how easy it is to do, it could be totally useless, or it could be extremely amazing. Of course, if it works where the closer you get to the anti-gravity generator, the harder it is to get closer still, then you'd never actually be able to touch it...

Or if it works where the FURTHER away from it, the more powerful it gets, then I would suggest never turning it on, due to the havoc it would cause in the universe (because remember, every piece of matter in the universe, is affected by every other piece of matter in the universe - but the real question is if it's instantaneous, or if it takes time for the "gravity wave" to reach us).

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
About antigravity and whether it exists....

Take a look at Einsteins' equation E=mc^2

Can't it easily be rearranged to look like this?

m=E/c^2

So according to Einstein, mass CAN BE offset by energy....thus the whole antigravity thing. But it isn't easy to turn mass into energy, it turns into EMR, and whatever causes EMR causes its own gravitational field in return. Kinda maybe see where I'm getting at? All I'm saying is that if you look at Einstein's theory in a different light, it suggests that antigravity is theoretically possible.

(dbates, you're right, just a mistype on my part.)

This is a good read.
Einstein and Antigravity

[edit on 13-12-2005 by BlackThorn311]

[edit on 13-12-2005 by BlackThorn311]

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackThorn311
But mass can't simply be turned into energy

I may be mistaken but isn't this how atomic bombs work? splitting the atoms results in less mass thus releasing energy?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The use of an antigravity device seems ignorant to bring out. Next thing you know were gonna be seeing bombs that made from spliting atoms inside a space curve or antigravity shield. Some one is going to take this and make us wish we never had of made it.

On the otherhand i really dont see this device as possible.

The atom bomb is really the a huge part for any gravitational study, the spiliting of atoms just proves gravity is only a force not an unbreakable law. Newton discovered it and einstein defined it.
This antigravity device shows that it will not be in our space and time especially if it curves its mass to where no laws affect it. It sounds like we would not even be able to see as soon as it breaks into its antigravity shield. I think it would become invisible to our eyes. It just might be possible to jump dimmensions and so on. Or on the other hand it may become some sort of prism refracting light like in a spectrum. I still find this device hard to believe, but it would be a thrill to experience it.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would encourage people to look up John Hutchinson, I have seen videos online that show various object behaving in ways nobody can explain.

This technology, from what I can gather, involved super high voltage frequencies mixed together with other wave forms of energy. Through trial and error Hutchinson has duplicated his experiments for small groups of people. Whether or not it's anti-gravity, I don't know, but he has stumbled onto something mainstream science never has.

Look up Hutchinson effect, there are a host of strange phenomena going on here, not just levitation of objects.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The ability to make things levitate has been around for awhile. In fact, they've made spinning discs, at super-cool temperatures, actually display some very odd properties, one of which being that they created a sort of "repulsion" effect on the metal below them.

However, why I say antigravity is likely not possible is because gravity is a force, and so antigravity is a force. I have no doubt that we will one day be able to make things levitate - but I seriously doubt that we will be able to make a "tractor beam" type technology that can make an object suddenly defy normal gravity.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The spinning of magnetic discs above superconducting materials is not some kind of mysterious, otherworldly phenomenon, it's quite well explained by current physical theories. A lot of college-level physics lab do this with a small strong magnet, a superconductor and some liquid nitrogen.

Superconductors, because they have zero reistance to current, exclude magnetic field lines from their interior. This has the consquence of creating a lorenz force on the magnet, opposing the magnet's own magentism. Usually this will be stronger than the force of gravity on the magnet, so the magnet levitates a bit off the magnet, oscillating up and down. You can set it spinning with a simple push, because there's no real reistance (other than air resitance) to its motion.

As for Einstein's equation... E = mc^2... it's true you can write it as m = E/c^2... but this doesn't say much. First off, you have to be careful with your definitions. That formula gets thrown around a lot, with people not knowing what it really means. mc^2 is the rest energy of an object. Or more precisley, it's the differnce between an object's total energy and its kinetic energy. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "mass can offset energy"... and energy does have a gravitational effect, to a point. But there's no such thing as negative energy, so no negative gravity, sorry. And no way (I know of) of converting energy into mass, other than the mass gained through special relativity... so really, I have no idea where all this speculation about antigravity comes from.

However, for those interested, look up Stoichiastic Electrodynamics, which was a field which viewed EM not as discrete quanta but as actions of an infinite collection of harmonic oscillators... sort of like vacum fluctuations. Carried out to its logical conclusion, gravity becomes a sort of long-range van der Waals interaction between bodies. Interesting theory, but I think it failed to explain some of the fine electron structure...

Okay, I'm rambling... but food for thought, I guess.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
TAKE A LOOK OUT THE WINDOW.

Take a look and then come back. What did you see? Houses? Forests? Fields with cows?

I'll tell you what i see, i see enough energy in a cubic metre of quantum energy to defrost, power up and colonies planet Mars.

The energy is here, its just the matter of finding a way to tap into it...

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by shixta
Look up Hutchinson effect, there are a host of strange phenomena going on here, not just levitation of objects.

Thats inetersting.

By the way i said, that pure, un-tainted anti gravity and free energy propulsion already exists. Look at the stars above man, what do you think ETs use, your uncles diesel power tractor engines?

That is not the point, the point is we have got free energy drive in print, here, now. It is well hidden tho...

My question, if you had it, how would you go about bringing it into day to day life?

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Freeman]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I don't know about you lot but i fancy the idea that new revolutionary propulsion requires element or compaunds that can be found in other parts of our solar system, such as on another planet. Or maybe even further that that.

What im inetersted in is a device which can generate consistant long lasting push or pull force.

[edit on 14-12-2005 by Freeman]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Freeman, trying to bring Aliens into this discussion doesn't really serve too much. This is scientific discussion first, conjecture second. We can only give answers that have a base in what we know so far. As far as we know - there is no such thing as anti-gravity, nor would there be some mythical compound or element (like "element 115" that's tossed around way too much) that would solve all the problems involved.

What do I think ETs use? Something far in advance than we can ever think of - but that's it. I would dare not guess what kind of machinery they have, as it's likely based on principles and theorems that aren't even close to being discovered yet.

However, if you want me to take a venture at how I would build a vehicle capable of travelling the cosmos... well, here's an idea:

First, we know we can't go faster than light, so making big enough explosions isn't the answer (despite it's popularity :cool

So what kind of propulsion types could we look for? Well, there's electro-magnetic forces that can do some funky stuff. However, there's also gravity. I think the key force we want to work with is Space-Time though. Plausibly, a Unified Theorem between gravity and EM would give us the ground-work for some marvelous things. However, we don't have that right now - so, unfortunately, we got to work around that.

Space-Time. On one hand, there's "warping" space-time so that I could travel great displacements over little time, but have actually not achieved a speed greater than light (even though my velocity has). I could do this by getting two black holes, and putting them close together. The curvatures of space-time would then allow me to make a route around the black holes which would end up making me move faster than light. If I could find the point where the time-space distortion is greatest, and keep my ship slowly moving through that, and keep the black holes (somehow) attached to my ship - then I could likely travel at amazing velocities.

The other option would be to create a hole in space-time, much like a black hole. However, I have to be able to escape the event horizon when I come out - and also survive the trip in. Another problem here is that I have no idea where I will come out. It could very likely be a different quantum universe. Perhaps you could create a Quantum Tunnel between two of these space-time tears, that would make them connected. Place the black holes far away from each other, and it could act like some sort of "jump gate".

In any case, both of these sound like they would take enourmous rsources and energies to create - likely more than we can currently manufacture on earth. In which case, I can't see the market for them being great - although great scientific study could come from them (how particles react and so forth).

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ohh sure you can use imagination, imagine just what kind propulsion systems aliens use. Go on imagine and tell us all. Test of you imagination.

By the way, i said that details on how to build such engines are alreay here, but they are well hidden and only select few have access. Imagine what happens when this information gets out.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If such technology became existant, I can only see it as a good thing. We could be exploring new worlds never dreamed of - and the spin-off technologies would likely increase our power-production by amazing amounts, and probably reduce our negative environmental affects by a similarly amazing amount. Imagine a singularity powered car. It's practically free energy! A teaspoon of material would give your car enough power to drive around the world a dozen times over!

And as for flying cars, well, it reduces traffic... makes aircraft useless. Autobusiness would thrive, and since more people would be travelling, the economy would likely do better too.

I don't know - there's a lot to think about if some crazy future-tech got out. I'm just saying that I doubt it'll happen. It's wishful thinking at best, an impossible fantasy at worst.

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium

And as for flying cars, well, it reduces traffic... makes aircraft useless. Autobusiness would thrive, and since more people would be travelling, the economy would likely do better too.

I don't know - there's a lot to think about if some crazy future-tech got out. I'm just saying that I doubt it'll happen. It's wishful thinking at best, an impossible fantasy at worst.

I can see it now, some sob gets plastered in a local bar in Germany, gets in his antigrav car passes out going back home and runs into someones livingroom in Brazil.

As far as traffic, as long as we could keep all Californians off the 3 demintional highways, as well as the women that think that the best time to put on makeup is on the way to work....

Efficiency is the key here not only to save our planet but to improve the Quality of life even by a little.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
"No object heavier than air may fly"
"If trains will pass the speed of 30kph ,people will be absorbed out of the train by the air flow"
"No one will ever watch TV"
"The end of the cold war is the end of history"
"If submarines will pass a certain depth,they will be squizzed by the water presure"
"We are alone in the Universe,Earth is unique,there are no aliens,no one will ever visit another star system"

Creating an antigravity engine (or rather,device) will not create a hole in out 4-D universe,or a interdimensional fatigue ,or time travel;it's not dangerous in any way;Why?
Because Earth revolves the Sun with high speed;still people live comfortably on Earth without feeling the speed and the accelerations ,Earth is not falling into the Sun,despite Newton's gravity laws and huge masses involved ,objects on Earth are attracted by it and not by the Sun,despite the 1/1000 mass ratio;all because of the rotational movement which creates Earth's magnetic field and gravity ;there is now special magnetite in the core to produce the magnetic poles,their periodic shift and their reversal.Only the revolvment movement and the Sun changes affect them.
So any rotation movement creates a magnetic field around the object,which behaves like an anti-gravity force(hence,the denomination:anti-gravity engine,even if this engine consists of many discs rotating at >4000 rpm )
Flip a coin on a table:it rotates with cst speed,not touching the table,then loses the field and the field energy translates into the rotational movement which becomes accelerated,then it suddenly stops at max speed on the table.There is no logical explanation for this phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
An ellipse is the geometrical location of all points in a plane ,which have the property that the sum of distances towards 2 fixed points,called foci,remains constant.
In physics ,these 2 points are 2 masses:Sun mass in one focus point and another mass,equal to Sun mass ,which has the property that it does not curb light path,does not reflect light and it is small enough to be undetected,in the another focus point.These points are relatively fixed in relation with the Solar System.However they must form a rotating couple in order to remain at relative cst distance from one another.
Bearing this in mind,it becomes clear that the movement path along this ellipse cannot be of cst speed,because of the dual-nature of the gravity system;so Earth will accelerate on the small parts of the ellipse and decelerate on the larger parts.
If this second mass is concentrated enough and it does not curb light,it may represent an Einstein-Rosen bridge through the 5-D universe into another 4-D universe.

new topics

top topics

join