It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SPACE PORT TO BE BUILT IN New Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is intresting: What do you guys think of it? Do you think this will take off, excuss the pun, as a leading business or will this be the next step to get people off this dying rock.

SPACE PORT

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think this won't really go anywhere. Besides those rich enough to do it, no one really can. The main problem here is that there's nowhere to, well, go. You won't be taking off from Mexico and landing on Mars, the Moon, or even in another country.

It's like sky-diving really. It's the thrill that drives people to it.

However, once you sky-dive, may you'll do it again - but for $200,000... that's a little bit much.

Now, if there was another space-port in, say, China or Europe - then it would have better chances of staying around - as people could reuse it with a purpose - of getting from Point A to Point B very, very fast. As it is, they're going from Point A and back to Point A - and that's all.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yarium, you are correct that in today's world you have only one option - up and down.
flash forward a bit. Let's say the New Mexico base is built and that is what it is used for for a few years. Now, in the year 2010, thanks to some exchange of info with our new friends from another planet, we have the capabilities to go beyond up and down. The base in N.M. might be the first available waypoint to another planet. Suddenly the base is a move of pure genius, no?

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have serious doubts that by 2010 aliens will show themselves and give us technology and the like.

I don't really buy into the government-alien conspiracies. I do believe that aliens are visiting earth (or perhaps our future selves are visiting us - our past selves) - but I think they're mostly unimpressed with us. The government's trying to find a way to capture the technology, but the aliens are so advanced that they don't care about our feeble attempts to do so.

And as for alien invasion - I thoroughly don't believe it. Any civilization capable of travelling through time, or across light years, or both, almost certainly has massive terraforming abilities - and there's no shortage of basic, uninhapited planets out there. What's even more likely is that the aliens don't breath oxygen - but perhaps carbon dioxide, or nitrogen, or methane. Earth then becomes doubly less appealing - useful for study and little else.

But then again, I can't accurately predict the future - so maybe you're right, and maybe you're wrong. Likely you'll be right in the long-run (eventually we will make official contact), but wrong in the short-run (not for at least 100 years I say).

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
just giving you a hypothetical. I doubt we'll see it either.

top topics

join