It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black-out in sweden and danemark !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The blackout observed this afternoon in Sweden and in Denmark which touched nearly 4 million users, very quickly allotted to the climatic conditions, leaves many questions outstanding.

One of the options being: a test of the potential terrorists and a possible infiltration of the installations by accomplices. Two Swedish nuclear thermal power stations were affected. Without going into parano�naques considerations, we maintain that this kind of �venement, especially if it is repeated, must be taken with largest serious. Many elements, that we will not develop here for obvious reasons, does not accredit the thesis of the accident. It seems, in addition, and there is the most credible assumption, that tests of safety "natural size" are carried out in this moment (cf overflights unexpected of the French nuclear thermal power stations recently)... what is not inevitably a bad thing in the current international context. It does not remain about it less than if this assumption is checked, that means that the threat of major attack is quite real, that of which, for our part, we do not doubt only one second.

If any ATS'er have more information about the black-out or a link...

Regards,

Nans

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Funny how there are major blackouts recently in the first world. We just had a major one in the North Eastern US and Ontario in Canada.

Testing for coming problems by the elites or their efforts to put a lid on the desparation of the middle east as it grasps its final breaths?

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I live in South Sweden!
I did not notice anything untill I heard later on the news????

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Found some articles on this Nans....

"Sweden Has Worst Blackout in Decades, Also Darkening Copenhagen"
Link:
quote.bloomberg.com...

"Millions Without Power in Denmark, Sweden"
Link:
www.guardian.co.uk...

"leaving nearly 4 million people without electricity, authorities said."

That's a lot considering the populations of the two countries isn't it?
Off of a population statistics listing: The �resund region consisting of Copenhagen and southern Sweden (Sk�ne) has a population of 2.8 million.

My understanding of this is that apparantly the third reactor at the Oscarshamn (Sweden) nuclear plant fell out of production which caused a 1200MW reduction in power production.
Supposedly heavy storms in southern Sweden caused a problem in another part of the grid which caused the 3:rd and 4:th reactors at Ringhals (also sweden) to disconnect.

Hmmm, I see a global trend here.......

regards
seekerof

top topics

join