It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninjas are still in the modern world and have superhuman powers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Nonono I am sure ninjas come from China but somehow they are more popular in Japan. Ninjas are meant to be not known and Japan had them all over. They come from China period.

Ninjas are not mercenaries, bloodthirsty killers. They were the most trained the greatest power someone larger than them. They only serve their master who ordered them missions. Ninnjas were and always are neutral. They are nto bad or good. Their only goal is to serve their master period.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
bah... Pirates were a bunch of drunks. Blackbeard was the only cool one. Ninja had some real skill and trained their whole lives to do what they did.

bah...Pirates and ninjas are teh coolest! Add Godzilla to the picture and it about sums up my childhood.

posted on Dec, 11 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99
Nonono I am sure ninjas come from China but somehow they are more popular in Japan. Ninjas are meant to be not known and Japan had them all over. They come from China period.

No.

Ninjas are not mercenaries, bloodthirsty killers. They were the most trained the greatest power someone larger than them. They only serve their master who ordered them missions. Ninnjas were and always are neutral. They are nto bad or good. Their only goal is to serve their master period.

So you say they are always neutral but they only server their masters wishes? That doesn't make sense.

Anyways, ninjas originated from Japan and they were essentially mercenaries. This was already mentioned in the thread.

When you made this post you said you didn't know anything about ninjas but now you're claiming to know they came from China and were bloodthirsty killers. Im courious what your source is? Your ninja friend?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker99

Thats just wrong, The word Ninja is itself a Japanese word. Did China have counterparts of the Japanese ninja or shinobi yes but they were not Ninja. Ninja developed over a long peroid of hundreds of years in Japan they were never imported from China.

The heart land of the Ninja is Japan, There are only two main Ninja styles the Koga ninja which is originated in Shiga prefecture and Iga ninja which is originated in Mie prefecture. Both of which have their birth in Japan.

What we call Ninja are as Japanese as the Samurai. They developed on their own during many centuries and became something very different from anything on the mainland.

They were also not Neutral they very often served a lord just like the Samurai. Infact many ninja were also samurai, operating as spies in the service of their daimyo. During the Warring states peroid all famous daimyō had ninja, or a ninja-like group under his control that served as his eyes and ears and if need be his sword.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Ninjas, in the modern society, are all around you.

I'll be more specific though, with just one group of great men.

Look no further than the Navy SEAL's. They're taught quick & quiet killing, taught how to never give up & never surrender & never leave a man behind, these are all things a traditional Ninja was trained to do in the "Old World".

I've been trained how to do most of what a Ninja does, & quite a large extent of it has to do with decieving the human eye, & being quicker than the other guy, beat him to the punch.

Before anyone starts getting their panties in a bunch, I'm only mentioning the very very basics of it here, as I'm sure as Hell not going to give away all the secrets, least of all Mine.

I bought a book a while back, called "The Invisible Ninja : Ancient Secrets of Surprise" by Ashida Kim author of "Secrets of the Ninja", was surprised by how much I knew of the stuff in there, basically 99% of it.

Yes, I know I said I was trained in the Art of Ninjitsu, but the fact that I didn't know that's what My Marine step-father taught Me in where I start backing up a bit. My step-father was a Marine during Vietnam, & taught Me loads of stuff about how to kill a man, without ever leaving a mark. About the perception of what a man sees can be changed, if you're sneaky about it & know what to look for, like a lackadaisical building guard.

I'm going to stop now, otherwise I'd have to kill you, each & every one, & I don't want to waste My time tracking you down, I've got better things to do, like practice My skills of invisibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I bought a book a while back, called "The Invisible Ninja : Ancient Secrets of Surprise" by Ashida Kim author of "Secrets of the Ninja", was surprised by how much I knew of the stuff in there, basically 99% of it.

Hah! That's the funniest thing I have heard all night and I just finished watching Comedy Centrals Last Laugh 05.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here's some modern day urban ninjas. [video]
screamz.madoka.be...
parkour.net...

Simply amazing!

The song is Eminem - Lose Yourself, and yes, he mentions the New World Order

"His soul's escaping, through this hole that is gaping
This world is mine for the taking
Make me king, as we move toward a, new world order
A normal life is borin, but superstardom's close to post mortom
"
lyrics

Anyway, that belongs to another topic.

[edit on 12/12/2005 by SwearBear]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I cannot believe some of the crap in this thread.

ANY self-respecting pirate would OWN a ninja's butt. period.

Pirates altered the ebb and flow of world commerce for 300 years. Ninjas . . . ran around in pajamas, sneaking into castles, only to die like the red shirts on the Original Star Trek.

Seriously folks. "I heard from someone" ?????

That's hazy, even by the standards of ATS . . .

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nowadays the concept of Ninjas have been so misleadingly portraited in movies and games such as Ninja Gaiden, or Shinobi, that most people think of ninjas as mythical superhumans with flying abilities and magic spells.

The origins of ninjas come from Feudal Japan in the 6th century. In the ancient Japan, the code of honor formed the foundation of the society. They could be seen as laws that the people, especially samurais, obey to. Samurais were knights or mercenaries hired by warlords, and often used as tools in the tides of war between a battle of two rival warlords.

However, the samurai followed the code of honor and the principles so strictly that they would not oblige to missions that were seemed unhourable to them, such as assasinations or intelligence gathering (a.k.a spying)

This is where ninjas were used and hired. They were simply assasins and spies doing the dirty bids that the higher class samurais were not willing to do. Because of the fact that these assasins often break the code of honor in their missions equilivant of breaking the laws in a nowadays society, the ninjas had to keep their identity hidden and secret from the general population. Most of these ninjas formed groups, or clans, and lived in the outskirts of the cities in their own villages. They were disguised as orginary peasants in daytime to minimize suspicsion, but lived the lives of assasins in nighttime (when they were given jobs, that is).

Ninjitsu is a name given to the martial arts developed specifically by the ninjas involving around stealth and quick lethal kills.

So yeah, now you know that ninjas cannot lift a 5 ton truck, they can't run on walls, they can't vanish in a cloud of smoke, they can't fly or float in the air, they can't cast magic spells through scrolls, and no ninjas don't exist anymore after 17th century they started to dwindle in numbers. And in the 19th century their existence was cesaed as the Japanese modernization took over and guns became the modern weapons of wars.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by EarthUnificationFrontier]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It is a biological and historical proven fact that Chinese were the ancestries of Japan. And it would be no surprise that the first "ninja" would have emerged in Ancient China also.

However, the word "ninja", is a more distinguished form of assassins than the origins in China. In the Chinese tongue, the word "ninja" is "yeung jet", which means, a ranger of high stamina and patience.

While "assasins" in Chinese, was "Sah Soh", which means the "killing hands".

There are apparent differences between the act of role and attributes between the "ninjas' and "assasins".

It is a widely agreed theory that the early emergence concept of the "killing hands" in Ancient China later was adopted in Feudal Japan and evolved into the form of the "ranger of high stamina and paitence', which in English ninjas.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Ninjitsu is still practiced, and there are probably a few assasins trained in the art. Ever played a Splinter Cell? Imagine that + Ninja Gaiden. A video game obviously exaggerates quite a bit, but those people exist. You will never meet one in his/her prime. Those people live secret lives. Like Batman, without all the gadgets. I am only half kidding...

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
From Real Ultimate Power:

Ninjas can kill anyone they want! Ninjas cut off heads ALL the time and don't even think twice about it. These guys are so crazy and awesome that they flip out ALL the time. I heard that there was this ninja who was eating at a diner. And when some dude dropped a spoon the ninja killed the whole town. My friend Mark said that he saw a ninja totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.

Clearly the number 1 source for all ninja information!

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Ninjitsu is still practiced, and there are probably a few assasins trained in the art. Ever played a Splinter Cell? Imagine that + Ninja Gaiden. A video game obviously exaggerates quite a bit, but those people exist. You will never meet one in his/her prime. Those people live secret lives. Like Batman, without all the gadgets. I am only half kidding...

Well, if that's your source, I take it all back.

I heard that a high-level ninja can use the "quivering palm" technique to kill a person, just by touching them once. Is that true?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
C'mon ninjas dont have superhuman powers, nor do Shaolin Monks.

they just have alot of training of body and soul.

I know the only ninja in this town, he used to throw knifes at a tree near my old work place, the son of a friend of my father is also a ninja.. its nothing secret or superhuman about it.. but probably years of training wich is all cool

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by DaFunk13

Well, if that's your source, I take it all back.

I heard that a high-level ninja can use the "quivering palm" technique to kill a person, just by touching them once. Is that true?

Im not familiar with names of different techniques, but yes i think there is a Kung-Fu blow (not Ninja) where you use 2 fingers to hitpersons neck wich will then snap.. im sure the Ninjas or even U.S. Marines have something similar.

Edit: I believe the U.S. marine blow is one that will bring the bone in your nose up into the brain.. the result is still the same, on-hit-kill. If this is what you asked for.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthUnificationFrontier
It is a biological and historical proven fact that Chinese were the ancestries of Japan. And it would be no surprise that the first "ninja" would have emerged in Ancient China also.

Those are two drastically different timelines. They might have borrowed from chinese fighting arts in ninjitsu's conception (there is evidence they used many sources) but that doesn't make it chinese. Ninjas emerged from Japan.

It is a widely agreed theory that the early emergence concept of the "killing hands" in Ancient China later was adopted in Feudal Japan and evolved into the form of the "ranger of high stamina and paitence', which in English ninjas.

You say it's widely agreed ninjas came from China but I have never heard this and I practiced ninjitsu for 3 years. Do you have sources?

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ninjas were meant to be as secret as the inernal governement affairs where no word of the truth got out. The Japanese copied Chinese. Japanese Had samurai, Chinese had ninjas, probably the japs like the chinese ninja style so they adopted it to themselves. Ninjas work and even existance was supposed to be very secret forever. Just Japs couldnt do it liked Chinese, the couldnt keep it secret enough. ninjas in china are a very very secret society but most ninjutsu schools aroudn the world teach japanese way.

It is not entirely true because if a ninja is supposed ot be that secret from the very beginning then how can we be sure that Japanese couldve easily copied chinese ninjas at somethimes at war and claimed they invented it? Think about it. Where ninjas came from was supposed to be very secret and everythign about a ninja was supposed to be a secret too but I bet it was the japs who got it out and claimed it was theirs. Once again I emphasize "think about it".

Some sources:

Ninjas were originally from China, not Japan, as is commonly believed.

forums.plentyoffish.com...

The origin of the Ninja is uncertain. It seems to go back as far as ancient China which had already developed the science of spying. One of the greatest Chinese strategists in the field, named Sun Tzu, wrote a book of the same name: Sun-Tzu, a book about war strategy and a sort of spy manual which seems to foreshadow the science of the Ninja.

www.coolshack.com...

There are more. Now why would some deny that ninjas came from japan? There were a lot of ninjas and it seems like the who commotion started in japan in the war era? Because very way back ninjas came fro china, they just were so secret that they were only revealed in japan and japan. the original ninjas in china are and always were in secret, ti was japs who foudn out abotu them and made the whole commotion about them while china kept quit. Think about all this.

[edit on 12-12-2005 by TruthSeeker99]

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Considering the fact that the Chinese has about two thousand years of more history before any kind of Japanese historical records were even recorded, it is no doubt any forms of assasins or spies would have their origins started in China first.

Japan just took the concept of these two and merge into one, and further practiced it into a more distinguished type of assasins named Ninja.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There are a number of reasons why this is it.

Keep in mind that assasins and spies in Ancient China were often used in plots overthrowing or killing the Emperor of the current Dynasty. Revealing their identity would mean execution of themselves AND three generations of the family. Yes the Chinese emperor was that brutal. Comparing with the ninjas, the Chinese counterparts actually lived a more dangerous and secretive life.

The second reason is the Japanese market genius. Ever watched Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Maybe played a game of Street Fighter? Shinobi back in the 70s? Those are all Japanees by products and have ninja influence in them of some kind.

While the Japanese used their ninja concept and developed it into a market attraction, the Chinese just basically did nothing about theirs, although they had the concept of assassins first.

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I guess EarthUnificationFrontier has a point I can agree on. But it is the truth that Chinese had assassins ninja before japanese, they were there before japanese and chinese put crazy empahsize on ninjas secret and work. Japanese are probably the ones who copied them in the age of war when they saw them and they were less strict than chinese thus revealing ninjas to the world. The whole Chinese culture is about martial arts. Chinese are probably the best culture if you want to learn how to fight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join