It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with former head of KGB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Found this article this morning, found it very interesting.

He seems to allude to things like the following from the article:

However, I do not rule out the possibility of us having neighbors in the endless depths of space. Space abounds with various life forms, but of course they have nothing in common with the stories that indecent researchers and mentally ill people tell us.

Here's the full article:

mosnews.com...

He doesn't really admit to anything and he seems to be pooping on a lot of conspiracy parties. Truth or dis-information I don't know, but he seems like a very reliable source and wether you believe or not it should prove an interesting read.

Whatever the guy says, I'd still take with a grain of salt, I find it hard to believe you're going to get the whole truth from the head (former or current) of any spy agency, russian, american or whoever.

So yes I believe the source is reliable but is he telling the whole truth? I doubt it.

IMO of course and as always.

Enjoy,

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Interesting read alright, he mentions Tunguska when talking about UFO's which is a bit suspect as most people class the Tunguska incident as an meteor impact. In the next question "Did the Soviet authorities commission you to get information about the Tunguska comet from the U.S.?" He quicky answers no
and goes on to say"Because there was not a single clue to start from" no evidence ? From a meteor? That flattened how many square km of forest?hmmm
Then he promtly switches the subject to military "parapsychology experiments".

Little bit suspect,
But mabye thats just me.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I found those statements very intrigueing as well, but I'm taking it with a bigger grain of salt than usual because I'm factoring in translation from the russian to english may change the message a bit if you know what I mean.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"We have never received any proof whatsoever that UFOs or other supernatural phenomena actually exist."

Lies! Lies I tell you! lol... He's the head of the KGB, so I'm not suprised he's still pumping out disinformation. Honesty is not their priority, and the sad thing is he still beleives that, so this interview is useless. Good find though, I'm sure the skeptics will appreciate this one

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
There you go being sarcastic again...no wait actually that wasn't really sarcastic...hmm you threw me.

He's the head of the KGB

Not to be too anal but he's the former head of the kgb and while I agree don't trust the spooks, I would think there are things that he is not telling, he alludes to failed parapsychology experiments and I'm pretty sure even the CIA has admitted that they got the idea for MKULTRA and Project Grillflame from similar KGB operations (or am I wrong?), but I don't know that he's telling all lies.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
As long as your not talking about magic acorns, I won't be sarcastic

he's the former head

Yeah, I know. Alot of former Intel heads, and Military Officials, have spoken out during their retirement about UFO and such issues. I doubt they would do it for the attention... they're probably really professional and proud people. That's why I cast such doubt on this man.. who says nothing is going on.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

magic acorns,

Never said magic acorn I said a representation. Like if I were an artist I might say paint a picture with a man with a normal sized body and a very tiny head, not of course meant to be an accurate representation of the person but an artistic way of saying that within this tiny head is a tiny mind.

It's not meant to be taken literrally.

Now getting back on topic, yeah I realize other intellegence people have come forward, but why is this guy coming forward with this information, again we both agree it's slanted but for different reasons.

Is it money? If he wanted to make money you'd think he would say some pretty outrageous stuff, so I'm not sure why he would come out at this time and contradict himself as well as make statements that I think most would agree are at the least misleading at the worse false.

Let's also not forget that we may be losing something in the translation from russian to english.

SPiderj

[edit on 12/9/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Never said magic acorn

No.. just an ordinary Iron and Glass Acorn that crashed down to Earth.
That's what the very old Japanese book said about it anyway.

Now getting back on topic, yeah I realize other intellegence people have come forward, but why is this guy coming forward with this information.

Russians.. traditionally.. love to control information. From what I've seen they do it even more than the US does. David Icke said that the paranormal is trying to be supressed, to prevent humans from reaching their ultimate goals... and not being controlled slaves anymore. If you buy that, it explains why the KGB guy denied anything supernatural. It keeps the populace in ignorance. As for the UFO stuff... there's been alot of UFO cases lately. With Yahweh, the Brazilian sightings, more UFO books, more disclosures more UFO documentaries than ever (happening in the West) perhaps the Russians want to control the truth a little more. All they have to do is pay the "retired" chief, to give an interview like that.

This is purely speculation though.

I'm not sure why he would come out at this time and contradict himself

What was a contradiction?

Let's also not forget that we may be losing something in the translation from russian to english.

Yeah I think so too. But probably minor phrasing stuff. Nothing that would affect the meaning of his sentances.

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Stever if you would actually pay attention to the comment I made in the other post you would see I never said anything like that.

But if you really want to debate the post you should actually read my post and make sure you understand what I'm saying before you comment

We should also debate it in the orignal thread as it's draggin this one off topic.

As for the contradiction, it's in the paragraph I pasted in my original post. he states there is no proof of extra-terrestrial life but later makes the statement that space abounds with various life forms.

Spiderj

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Alright, my apologies.

As for the contradiction in question:

"However, I do not rule out the possibility of us having neighbors in the endless depths of space. Space abounds with various life forms, but of course they have nothing in common with the stories that indecent researchers and mentally ill people tell us."

He is saying, in the article itself, that.

1. There is no proof that aliens exist.
  2. It's possible they're out there.
  3. But the UFO and Alien stories focused on by researchers, are not true.

I see no contradiction.. he's just clarifying the KGB at least, has none and hasn't seen any, proof. And any books or reports that claim the KGB has dealt with crashed discs/aliens etc, are written and spoken of by "indecent" and "mentally ill" researchers.

He's basically continuing the cover up. His line about there being no supernatural phenomena, proves that to me aswell as this.

But no, there's no contradiction, he was just saying it's possible that they're out there. He's either trying to seem open minded, or probably covering himself incase in the future alien's existance is proven.

I have to admit though I skip read his article, so if i'm missing something disregard my post.

posted on Dec, 10 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
See Stever that's why I think it's a translation issue.

Because I see it as him saying, we have never had any proof of extraterrestrials, but hey they're out there, but it's nothing you (meaning us the common folk) have seen before.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his statement, but it just seems a little flip floppy contradictory to me.

I wonder if anyone has the original in russian...not that it would help unless they could translate it themselves.

Spiderj

top topics

join