It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery: Trust-building hormone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The National Institute of Mental Health has discovered a hormone that suppress brain's fear hub, causing an increase in trust.

www.sciencedaily.com

Scientists at the National Institute of Mental Health have discovered how a brain chemical recently found to boost trust appears to work.

A brain imaging study suggests the hormone reduces activity and weakens connections in fear-processing circuitry.

Scans of the hormone oxytocin's effect on human brain function reveal it quells the brain's fear hub, the amygdala, and its brainstem relay stations in response to fearful stimuli. That suggests new approaches to treating diseases thought to involve amygdala dysfunction and social fear, such as social phobia, autism and possibly schizophrenia

Dr. Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg and her NIMH colleagues detail their research in the Dec. 7 issue of the Journal of Neuroscience.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you fear conspiracy from the government, NWO, or Aliens you should be very concerned about this discovery.

I suppose there are also military applications of this as well. Perhaps this knowledge can be used for sending a soldier into combat with out fear.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't think I can post the anatomical details of the body parts that release this hormone on this board. Suffice to say, there is now a scientific reason why mothers trust their nursing babies.

Too funny- they call this science?!

Har har de har har har!!

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It's funny that the "free sex" advocators let this info. out too. These 'bonding' hormones, that are released during child birth, are also released during intercourse. That's why girls find it so hard to not 'fall in love' or become emotional wrecks even when they think they only want 'casual' sex or have sex forced on them. Fidelity isn't just some, 'human moral construct' but a scientifically supported, 'worlds best practice'. We are better people when we don't try to be machines we think it's fine to tinker with.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

That suggests new approaches to treating diseases thought to involve amygdala dysfunction and social fear, such as social phobia, autism and possibly schizophrenia

This suggests that they intend to recreate the effect of Oxytocin. While it may help a person with social problems I can see this going terribly wrong if this ended up in the wrong hands.

top topics

join