It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the UN ever written a nation's constitution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you know of a country whose constitution was written by the UN, please tell me. Bush said they were good at it on TV Monday night, implying that the UN has done it before. Could someone tell me which country and when?

Or is it that Bush is just stupid?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I cant specifically think of an incident where they wrote it but the UN has been involved in many instances of nation building. Also Colonel chill with the bush being stupid thing its gettin old lol the grumpy old uber liberal guise is getting tireing how bout a new personality maybe a happy gay democrat would be a better suite for u lol just jk man

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Why not let the Iraqis use the US constitution? I worked excellently for us for over 200 years... and hell, we're not using it anymore!

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
I cant specifically think of an incident where they wrote it but the UN has been involved in many instances of nation building. Also Colonel chill with the bush being stupid thing its gettin old lol the grumpy old uber liberal guise is getting tireing how bout a new personality maybe a happy gay democrat would be a better suite for u lol just jk man

Look, you don't tell me what to do. Just answer the question and you have. I don't go to your job and tell you what detergent to use when you're cleaning toilets, so why you buggin me.

I hate Bush and it ain't an act.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Why not let the Iraqis use the US constitution? I worked excellently for us for over 200 years... and hell, we're not using it anymore!

OOOP. Heard that one.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm guessing most of the banana republics in the world these days.

Look what a great job they did!

Bush in 2004!

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I'm guessing most of the banana republics in the world these days.

Look what a great job they did!

Bush in 2004!

It was highly appropriate to place 'Bush in 2004' in the same post as 'banana republic'.

Well done.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:41 AM
link   

how bout a new personality maybe a happy gay democrat would be a better suite for u lol just jk man

Heh if we had a happy young gay democrat win the election it would be the most useless but also funniest 4 years ever

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Good point. But we might as well send Bush over as there first president along with our constitution, we wont be needing him either. LOL LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Valerie-Giscard d'estaing (ex-french prez btw 1974/1981) is responsible of this constitution. A text had been wrote and approved by the main european countries but :

Some countries would like to have a direct reference to the christianism culture in Europe(Spain, portugal), but some other (France, germany, turky) dont want to.

And :

The europe will soon pass from 15 countries to 25 countries, with the entrance in the common market of a plenty of eatern europe country (Romania, bulgaria, yougoslavia and many other...) and they are not agree with the actual constitution project (they say it favorize the great countries (France, Germany, Italy, Holland...) !

they also are agrre to include the culture heritage of the christianism in the constitution...

So, it's not for tomorrow !
Maybe in 2005...

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

Personnally, I dont think it's a good idea to let entry in the EEC the eastern europe ex-communist countries. These countries are not stable politically, and also maybe be soon return to the communism.

Many people in estern europe have nostalgy of the communism :

Of course, they have the freedom of press and the store are full of western products : but they dont mind ! They have no work, no money, no social security or anything else. These countries are like the "western farwest" : No law, no rules, everything directed by mafias...
That's why people there regret the "good old communism". At least they had something to eat, and no mafia's.

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Good point. But we might as well send Bush over as there first president along with our constitution, we wont be needing him either. LOL LOL

Great idea! Why not?
He'd probably jump at the idea. We could put him in charge and then elect a president for ourselves. He'd have his family scattered through the government, his kids would be wild and out of control, behave like a tyrant doing what he darn well pleased without consequence and he'd fiddle with the rights of the Iraqis. Then we'd have to go in and liberate the Iraqi people and install a new government....

Peace,
BG

new topics

top topics

join