It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All members of NASA safety panel resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I wonder if this was a true case of resignation or a house cleaning of fall guys?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Nine experts on a NASA space safety advisory panel have resigned in the wake of sharp criticism from the Columbia accident investigation board and by Congress, the space agency said Tuesday.

The members of the Aerospace Safety Advisory Panel and two staff members of the panel sent letters of resignation to Sean O'Keefe, the administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

Glen Mahone, a NASA spokesman, said the ASAP chairman, Shirley McCarty, said in a cover letter to O'Keefe that the resignations "will give you and the Congress the freedom to revitalize the panel and reshape its charter and mission."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To be frank and blunt DR....
IMHO, it is refreshing to see people lose their jobs when their negligence causes tragedy. Mr. O'Keefe also bears culpability as well and should follow suit.

It's also apparent that the bureaucrats at NASA HQ in DC wanted "them" to say nothing that would be seriously critical of their (the bureaucrats) operations. I'll bet the same thing happened to this board, and they went along......if you get what I am implying here.

Whats worse is that it is a shame that 'some' of our so-called leaders and politicians don't do the same........

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:54 PM
link   
They're certainly fall guys, but I for one am glad to see it happen to any NASA employees that continue their lying to the U.S. public. I don't care what the official reason is.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I must agree.
It may sound as if I don't care, but the truth is NASA is a horribly organized agency, and they screwed up.
They don't even know the difference between miles and kilometers.
I'll support this move, props to the OA (or whoever)...
- Tass

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Well it was obvious the shuttle was shot down but by who?

I wasn't around here before when you likely already had this debate so I don't know what sentiments were then.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Well it was obvious the shuttle was shot down but by who?

I wasn't around here before when you likely already had this debate so I don't know what sentiments were then.

No, not obvious.

Disinformation.

top topics

join