It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Called on For Jury Duty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Apprently President Bush has been summoned for Jury Duty in Waco Texas. He intends to serve his jury duty, just not on Monday. The White house is working with the courts to have the jury duty rescheduled.

www.click2houston.com
The president has been summoned to the county courthouse near his Texas ranch as a potential juror.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said the McLennan County court has been called and told the president has other commitments on Monday. McClellan said the White House will work with the court to reschedule Bush's jury duty.

State District Judge Ralph Strother told the Waco Tribune-Herald he doesn't expect to send the sheriff out to bring the president in.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Never thought I would see the day a President was summoned for jury duty. There is no time in recent history that I can recall a President being called on for this (Keep in mind I am relatively young). Anyone else recall a time when this has happened? Of course I doubt they would let him, because any liberal on the jury would vote opposite of Bush just on principle. For some reason I find some humor in picturing Dubya on the jury stand.

[edit on 2-12-2005 by noslenwerd]

[edit on 5-12-2005 by asala]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
personally, i think it would be a conflict of interest for a sitting president to serve as a juror. police and sherrif's deputies are usually excused for the same reason. just MHO though.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Kerry was summoned for jury duty last week.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't think there's a conflict of interest because it's a state court. If it was a federal court, there would be since he runs the federal government.

It'd be funny if he ended up being a juror in Tom DeLay's trial though

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Ahhh so that is why he was called...

actually this seems like a "mush piece" of propaganda, as he could easily and understandably excuse himself from serving...

I personally dont want to pay the guy $1200 an hour of our tax money, so that he can miss work for 3 days, and go read comics while waiting to be appointed to a jury...

top topics

join