It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terry Pratchett interview

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Terry Pratchett on the origins of Discworld, his Order of the British Empire and everything in between

Terry Pratchett is one of the world's most popular writers and the most successful author of humorous fantasy since the days of Lord Dunsany, Thorne Smith and L. Sprague de Camp. As of 2005, he has written 45 novel-length works for both adults and children (plus many other collaborations, picture books and publications, such as calendars) which have sold more than 40 million copies in numerous languages.

Full article

Hopefully this'll be of interest to Terry's fans out there. Its unusual to see such an indepth interview with him. I've met him twice at book signings and he's been great at both. He even stopped over for at least 3 hours at the first, and wouldn't leave until everyone had been seen. I don't really like to talk about that meeting though.......was a little embaressing.........

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Nice find. Anyone who likes fantasy or really really funny writing should read a Pratchett book. They are hilarious!

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Even though he is so funny, his works have such profound little tidbits in them. Who here has read the Science of the Discworld books?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm a big Discworld fan. I hope that phrase doesn't come under the 'embarassing' type of things to which you refer. The bio bit in the books always mentions the author having been involved with writing up about Nuclear Power Stations, I think that's where the unique view on our world-as-transcribed-into-the-Discworld doth come - the incompetence of workers, the things people are really thinking behind what they all say. It fits so well. I always liked how the stories were based on real places or nursery rhymes and things like that - like the Witches Abroad was in New Orleans.

( I went to check that bio bit before posting, and now I can't see it in any of the books. Mind you, I can't see half the Pratchett books that I know I had either...... )

new topics

top topics

join