It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.U.T.E.C The Naval Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Atlanic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC)

Located in the vicinity of Andros Island, Bahamas.

Note the Channel they cut out of the ocean floor so subs can dock.

AUTEC's semi-tropical climate, quiet acoustic environment, and extensive capabilities make it an ideal year-round test facility. AUTEC is located at Andros Island because of its close proximity to the Tongue of the Ocean (TOTO). TOTO is a unique deep-water basin approximately 110 nautical miles long (204 kilometers) and 20 nautical miles wide (almost 37 kilometers), varying in depth form 700-1100 fathoms (1280-2012 meters). The basin floor is relatively smooth and soft, with very gradual depth changes. TOTO is bounded on the west by Andros Island, to the south and east by large areas of very shallow banks that are non-navigable, and to the north by the Northwest Providence Channel. This unique geography results in very low vessel traffic, minimal distant shipping noise, an absence of large ocean swells, and slight currents, while providing operational security and easy access to deep water. These factors make the TOTO an excellent location for a test facility

link

Well maybe its not as secret as AREA 51 as it has its own website. Buts its still hard to say fore sure whats going on there. Testing new types of sonars, Torpedos? Unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs)?
www.npt.nuwc.navy.mil...

From their site

The mission of AUTEC is to support the full spectrum of undersea warfare by providing accurate three-dimensional tracking, performance measurement, and data collection resources to satisfy Research, Development, Test and Evaluation requirements, and for assessment of Fleet training, tactical and material readiness

This seems to be the place were the Navy test its new underwater toys as Area 51 is a test bed for the Airforce. There could be other more secret Navy test facilities but I dont know about them.

Has anyone heard of any other Navy test facilities

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I caught a portion of the information you've presented in this thread on the history channel or the Science channel on TV a few nights ago.

This was not the first I've heard of this particular base, but it was more information than what I had previously had.

I was under the impression that this base was one of the top bases for practical application of experimental Naval technologies, as well as sub-contractors.

Nice Thread.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Yeah I think this was on Discovery the other night around 3AM.

It's especially interesting that it's in the Bermuda Triangle.
The show linked the base to stuff with Philadelphia experiment as well.
Did anyone else watch?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by carlwfbird
Yeah I think this was on Discovery the other night around 3AM.

It's especially interesting that it's in the Bermuda Triangle.
The show linked the base to stuff with Philadelphia experiment as well.
Did anyone else watch?

That is the show I was talking about. I watched it last Saterday or Sunday. Said a little about the base, mostly conjecture and speculation, but with some interesting facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
In case you didn't know already, Area 51, S4, Dulce, are all controlled by the Department of the Navy, because the Joint Chief of Staff on the "Committee" during that time period was a 4-star Admiral. Therefore, the DON became responsible for the installation and security of these installations being built in response to the alien threat.

U.S. Navy Seabee Battalions built the facilities themselves, and Naval personnel are currently assigned to the bases, varying in specialty, serving on 2 year rotation periods.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think I remember hearing Department of the Navy is what is on AREA 51 workers paychecks StarChild so I guess that makes sense.

Esoteric Teacher I think I saw the same TV program but didnt really want to get into all the UFO/ Bermuda Triangle stuff concerning this base in my first post since its really all speculation IMHO. I really just wanted to state the proven facts and let it go from there.

Its pretty interesting though I know of a few cases where UFO were reported to decend underwater and the Triangle is just a pure enigma in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Just a thought but, could AUTEC also be situated on top of Atlantis? I have been thinking alot lately about the Bermuda Triangle, Atlantis, and AUTEC as they are all in the same general area.I strung this idea together. Atlantis falls and starts to rise again( Edgar Cayce ), Bermuda Triangle is the manifestation of the left-over energies, government discovers energies and/or technology and builds AUTEC. Could it be a basecamp for exploration into the lost city?
Heres the link on Google Earth
www.google.com...,-77.763720&spn=0.030519,0.081539&t=k&hl=en

[edit on 2-12-2005 by Infra_red]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Interesting concept Infra_red
The Bermuda region was a much different place during platos timescale of Atlantis. 10,000 years ago during the Ice Age sea levels were some 300ft lower and many of those tiny Island were connceted into a much bigger land mass.

If what we call Atlantis is under some 300ft of water in that area AUTEC might be the perfect tool to conduct top secret studies. Also if these stories of exotic energy sources are true that would have some clear military applications for sure.

[edit on 2-12-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I would also like to point out that the US is just waiting for Castro to kick the bucket so we could possibly take over tht nation. Since we arent allowed to officially search their waters, AUTEC is the perfect launchpoint to do just that. Im sure that the Navy knows exactly what is down there.
I just finished reading about the "discovery" of an ancient urban civilization just off the Cuban coast with pyramid or like structures. Wouldn't that be amazin?!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
In case you didn't know already, Area 51, S4, Dulce, are all controlled by the Department of the Navy, because the Joint Chief of Staff on the "Committee" during that time period was a 4-star Admiral. Therefore, the DON became responsible for the installation and security of these installations being built in response to the alien threat.

U.S. Navy Seabee Battalions built the facilities themselves, and Naval personnel are currently assigned to the bases, varying in specialty, serving on 2 year rotation periods.

You must be speaking of Admiral Bobby R Inman
www.google.com...

I sat in a sauna at my gym with him once. Nice guy.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
it is my understanding that the points of the planetary grids namely the one near 26.57 76.80 in the bahamas is considered by *some* as portals for interdimensional travel for whatever entities objects which open and close at certain/or random intervals. seems AUTEC might be aware of this huh shhh

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have been to AUTEC several times and was even offered a job there. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but AUTEC is just Top Gun for ASW. There are ranges there that can create sonar targets and other ranges where you can drop live torpedos. I was in an ASW helicopter squadron stationed at NAS Jax. We would fly down several times a year. I used to jump at the chance to go because of the snorkeling on the reefs. RCA actually runs the ranges there.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I was in the Roal Navy for 12 years as a ASW operator both active and passive and went to AUTEC on a number of occasions, there is also a site just of the top of Scotland called (not suprisingly)BUTEC used just the same as the American site but on a smaller scale.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I spent a week at AUTEC a few years back. Didn't see any UFO's or USO's, but the island is infested with viscious mosquitos! I mean you can't step outside without getting covered with them. Hardly ANY people at all, which was nice for a while, but eventually you want to see a few bikinis.
The water was clear and the snorkling is fantastic, if you don't mind the schools of barracuda and a few friendly sharks. If there is anything bazaar going on there, they sure hide it well. A few sandy blocks of old barracks and only one bar, "the beach house." But hey, drinks are only a dollar!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
JIMC5499 ,Alan 11, and Super70 are correct. THere is nothing mysterious about this place. It is merely a sound testing range. A certain amount of security is necessary there because of the state of the art applications. And yes the geography helps in this application.

I know of this place because when we deliver a new submarine there are a certain number of sea trials which take place before acceptance. During one or more of the sea trials the boat will be taken to this range to do a sound signature on it to check for quiteness levels. Various speeds and depths are run on this course. She is then brought back into port and changes or adjustments are made for problems identified.
I am speaking of a new boat here. Obviously boats already in service will be run occasionally through this course as modifications and changes to them are made.

The public does not necessarily hear of these places because they do not offer 5 star accomodations. Ever been to places like Wake Island?? Wake is a place where the major inhabitants are those big gooney birds. These are not places where people are exactly flocking to get there. THe military has lots of real estate like this for those intrested and with the proper qualifications. No big mystery here outside of certain work being done which is not open to the public for security reasons.
Ever heard of a place called "The Rock?" Diego Garcia?? People outside the uniform of certain nations are not flocking to get here either. Look it up on a map some time. You will be a bit shocked at how far out in the boonies it is.
Some of you may be intrigued by these secret or security applications but I can assure you that it can be quite boring most of the time. Long stretchs of boredom in isolated locations. Some of these locations literally the armpits of this globe. If you dont know how to occupy yourself in places like this you can go quite mad or what we call stir crazy when removed from a more structured family type enviornment. Most peoples dont stay in these places for long lengths of time. Probably best.
As some of the posters have stated..if you are into snorkling/fishing great..if you are not...Wow!

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the experience guys. As you already know, we are suspicious of any government bases. Especially ones near the Bermuda Triangle run by a branch of the armed forces who has a slogan that says "Because top secret always looks good on a job application". I will try to take your word for it though. How many levels are there underwater?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
Especially ones near the Bermuda Triangle run by a branch of the armed forces who has a slogan that says "Because top secret always looks good on a job application"

Infared,

LOL LOL LOL...top secret..LOL. Now that is funny except that all the branchs of the service tend to take advantage of that slogan.

As to what specifically can be told about this sound range of the particulars you are asking...I am going to presume that you are asking for confidential specifics. It would be pretty safe to assume that they can listen to whatever layer they want..since they quite obviously have some very expensive equipment and it does not come from Radio Shack.

If you have ever been in a modern warships sonar room or even a warships radio room..you know one thing immediately..it aint radio shack gear.

Thanks for your post,
Orangetom

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild

Ummmm no.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the wierdest forum ever. Although there is a lot of confusion about AUTEC....
I live at AUTEC. There's no "conspiracy" or anything. AUTEC- Atlantic Undersea Testing & Evaluations Center. All we do here is test sonar, do test recoveries (recovering fake bombs from the seafloor), and stuff like that. And the cannal we cut into the harbor? Its 25 feet deep a MOST. Submarines can't fit in it. It was made for the Hammerhead (the big boat that is shown sitting in the harbor in Shadow XIX's picture), and the barge that ships us supplies. And the reason security is so tight is because it's a NAVY base. There isn't a single NAVY base that doesn't have strict security. So, sorry, but no conspiracies here. It is, however, a nice place to visit in the summer, as it only costs $40 to fly over; and the snorkeling and fishing is great. Just watch out for mosquitos and no-see-ems (fleas with wings).

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My fiance and I work at AUTEC Naval Base. And all I have to say is- IT'S A GOVERNMENT NAVAL BASE. Of course there are going to be secrets, for god sake- the government keeps everything a secret.
Although I am one that believes in such things that your website details, I am positive that AUTEC has nothing to do with such matters.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join