It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perplexed and confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I don't know exactly where to begin, so I will try to start from what I think is the begining. Well I am almost 25 and have not had a boyfriend in years (many reasons involved) and in truth havn't really been out there looking to meet someone. This year has been so different than any other year in regards to this.

Before this year I was in obliviuos land not knowing or uncaring if anyone liked me; but now it seems that there are an overabundance of guys that want to be with me. It started around May when I recieved my first kiss since I was much younger, and now it has snowballed into guys having to call about a week or two in advance to basically make an appointment.

What the heck? The worst part is that there are two guys that I really like and of course they are the ones that aren't that interested. My friends think they are; but I know better. Another guy that I just meet wants to take me with him to Vegas for New Years. I don't even know what advice I am looking for. I am just really confused about all of this, and need someones help to try and figure out what is going on. Thanks for reading and letting me ramble, and if you can offer any help I would really appreciate it.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hi.

Perhaps one of the catalysts for more men being drawn to you is your own body language. Even though we tend to communicate through language and more tangible means of mediums, we have a tendency to become complacent in our acceptance that these ways of communicating are the only ways.

What I'm elluding to is perhaps it is your subconscious mind's intentions that are surfacing. Perhaps it is your subconscious that has taken over the driver's seat to express through your manurisms and body language that you are both available and looking. And, although the marks (men) may not be aware of what has drawn their attention to you, some aspect of your psychi must be responsible for the rise in potential suitors. You yourself proclaimed you've been on a walk-about of sorts during a time of mental oblivion as to those around you, and their intentions.

I say it is some portion of you that is trying to get you out of the cycle you've been in. A lonely time of self reflection. Remember, people are creatures of habit. Which is to say that we tend to become complacent in routine. Perhaps your subconscious mind no longer recognizes the necessity for your lonelyness, and is striving for more input, more experiences and interactions with others.

I say enjoy the company of who you are with, when you are with them. No need to label whatever it is the two of you have. Be where you are and be there with who you are with. Enjoy your awakening and take your new found authority from cupid's arrow for a spin. You are attractive, smart, and funny.

Enjoy yourself, and let those who are with you enjoy your company also.

P.S.

If you make it to Vegas for the New Years and it doesn't pan out for you like you would have hoped .. .. .. .

I'm a 33 year old firefighter in the Air Force stationed at Nellis. If you've ever had any fantasies about Uncle Fester from the Adam's Family, then I have a chance! I've been told that on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm a solid 7 (With the lights off and her blood alcohol level at least .20).

Any takers?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
simple advice.....

go to vegas with this guy......rob him blind of all his cash and his car..(if its a nice one?)..then nip over to Portugal with your spoils and i'll take you to vegas and well spend his cash.....good idea or what?

regards.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the advise Esoteric.

You may have something there. Most of my friends say that I am a total flirt; but I don't see it. So maybe I am doing something or behaving in a way that I am unaware of, but my subconsious mind is.

I guess I will just have to pay closer attention to how I am standing, walking, or talking with members of the opposite sex to see if I am doing anything that I am unaware that I am doing. Thanks again.

BTW, it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you have a sense of humor and some brains. Being that your on this site you must have at least the latter. Where is Nellis anyway? I have no clue where thats at.

As for Optimus: That's not very nice! Stealing ALL his cash. I would think leaving him with at least enough money to get home would be okay. J/k And obviuosly you have the sense of humor.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin
I guess I will just have to pay closer attention to how I am standing, walking, or talking with members of the opposite sex to see if I am doing anything that I am unaware that I am doing. Thanks again.

It's probably your eyes that tell your intentions. When it comes to really understanding someone, language can hinder communication. Just a thought.

BTW, it doesn't matter what you look like as long as you have a sense of humor and some brains.

True, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Where is Nellis anyway? I have no clue where thats at.

North Las Vegas, about a 30 minute drive to the Las Vegas Strip.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
It's probably your eyes that tell your intentions. When it comes to really understanding someone, language can hinder communication. Just a thought.

That's posible; but how do I pay attention to what my eyes are projecting out to people? Especially as I am unaware of exactly what I am doing.

North Las Vegas, about a 30 minute drive to the Las Vegas Strip.

30 minutes from Vegas, huh? I'm am so jealous!

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinta_ilfirin

That's posible; but how do I pay attention to what my eyes are projecting out to people? Especially as I am unaware of exactly what I am doing.

To thy own self be true. Know yourself. Know what motivates you to do the things you do, and you will automatically know the will and intentions of everyone else.

Keep a journal. A diary. And, when you are writing in it, know beyond any doubt that no one else will ever read it. This way as you are writing there will me no motivation to lie, because there is no reason to lie to yourself about yourself. It will condition you to accept in moderation the empathy that you posses for other people, but not define who you are when your experiences are experiences you are having when you are living your life through the eyes of others. keeping your thoughts in written form for no one but yourself will permit you to drop the mask you wear, the masks you have been wearing for everyone else. You are not the same person when dealing with a boyfriend as you are when dealing with a grandparent as you are when you are dealing with your boss as you are when dealing with your neighbor . . .. . . . . etc. The point I'm trying to make is we are all creatures of habit, and we all tend to condition ourselves to react certain ways with certain people than we do with other people. We do not interact with the people in our lives the same way, and it tends to act as a catalyst to us becoming confused and a little lost, which is why I believe you posted this thread. This is just my opinion, formulated by my experiences and my observations of people. Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
A funny, somewhat educated, attractive Uncle Fester resembling guy.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I really appreciate the advice. I will try doing the journal thing and see what comes of it. I do know that I have been wanting things to change for some time, and maybe my sub-consiuos has taken over. It will be interesting to see what I discover. Thanks so much.

top topics

join