It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help on selecting a car!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Either its 2006 Corolla or the Civic and both seem to be similar in all specs. However my friends tell me the Civic looks cooler but its pricier. I just dont know what to pick.:bnghd: So I need your opinion if you were to choose.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
hmmm Civic is better lookin IMO and while I am fond of both Toyota's and Honda's, if I was choosing I'd probably go with the Civic

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I also like the Honda but the yota is more in my price range. However I put 250k on a Mazda 626, but they too are out of my price range now. Which ever; "Be Safe"

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm a Dodge man myself, so can't tell you which one I would choose, but, if they are that close in regards to specs, you might want to consider which one has the better warranty.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks for your opinion guys and gal. I think I will buy the Civic, possibly in January.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I picked up a Saturn in 98, and loved it. It was a great car until my father killed it trying to jump start it. Put 6000 miles on it in the first month, which is impressive when you realize that I live on an island 145 miles around.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Choose the Corolla, especially if the price is better for you.

The advantage with the Civic, by slapping stickers in your windshield or adding a loud exhaust make your car go faster. :shk:

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
The advantage with the Civic, by slapping stickers in your windshield or adding a loud exhaust make your car go faster. :shk:

Delta want my Soarer ? (straight 6, Twin Turbo, VERY fast car) I am gonna sell it soon lol altho I live in Aus so maybe not

It's got Lexus badges on it, I remember when I bought it my cousin's friend tried to tell me that in Japan that's how they're sold. I told him to stop being a (insert a few expletives here) moron and that just cause i'ma girl doesn't mean I am dumb
And I kicked him in the shin

If anyone's interested seriously tho U2U me
lol

[edit on 29-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
look dude...just let common sense prevail.....

you know it makes sense.....and it just ooozes style!

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Forget the rice burner disposable cars and get something in diesel.

#1 With today's fuel trends (and all the apocalyptic prophesies) - you can make your own fuel very easily. If you have a little bit of land you can grow it. No need to support the Middle East!

#2 Generally, diesel is less than regular gas since it is the least processed of the fuels. I say generally because there are exceptions- like Colorado Springs, CO where it is $0.69 more than regular gas- still looking into the why of that one.

#3 Diesels usually get significantly better mileage than the same car/truck with a gas engine.

#4 Diesels have more torque- meaning more acceleration. Who cares what top speed is- since you will NEVER be able to achieve it. Acceleration is where all the thrill is. Acceleration is what makes for better time on winding roads and dodging da popo/5-O.

#5 Diesels have more mods available for even more HP and torque without risking damaging the engine- think you can handle it all???? Add nitrous to a gas engine and it tears it up. Add propane to diesel and it has the same HP type increase as the nitrous but your diesel LOVES it. You can even add the nitrous to the diesel too - woohooo what a blast! (and you can MAKE your own nitrous too so no need to go without should the world turn apocalyptic)

#6 Diesels have much longer lifetimes than a gas engine- as much as 5 to 10 times longer lives!

#7 Diesels are immune from EMP- no ignition system to worry about. Maybe a fuel pump to really worry about (very easy work arounds!).

#8 As long as your air inlet is free- your diesel will run completely submerged. Anyone live in the South and suffer through a hurricane?

I am sure there are many more but these are the top of my head. There are good looking diesels out there- check out some of the VW line for a start.

For me though, if it doesn't go in the dirt I am simply not interested. Even my wife's little Suzuki Samurai (toy) is getting converted to Diesel. A car- blah. I don't want no stinking C A R !

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
get the civic... hondas are great. I have owned one for awhile now

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
optimus fett just gave me a real good laugh. And that car does ooze style.

I looked at the Civic and the Corrola, and I like the Civic........

top topics

join