It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hey all,

I have a question I would like answering, please.

I use a screen resolution of 1280 x 1024 and this is causing a big problem. Is there anyway to program a website so that it fits PERFECTLY into a smaller screen resolution?

I know most people have a screen res. of 1024 x 768 and websites I design screw up when viewed at a smaller resolution.

Should I just design my website in a resolution of 1024 x 768?

Help is greatly appreciated!

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If you really wanted to, you could use a little Javascript that can detect the visitors browser resolution and then directs them to a page optimized for their particular resolution.

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Mark makes a good point. What do you do your design work in? Not the actual coding, but planning the layout, etc. I personally use Photoshop, and when I'm going to work on a new site I set the new file to 800X600 (pixels). The sites will generally end up working out fine for that resoution and higher.

You could also change your resolution back and forth while you're designing, or use a dual monitor setup with one to your preferred res (1280) and one for your target res (1048). Of course, you'll most likely need a dual monitor card and (of course) another monitor, but it's worth it--makes a lot of work much easier, and not just development.

Hope this helps

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
i usually design websites in 750 pixels by width in photoshop for the graphics layout, with that size it will be compatible to all resolution including the lowest (800 x 600).

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thank you all for the help!

I design the graphics I use in photoshop, and put it all together using Dreamweaver.

Thank you all, once again.

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
you could also use a "liquid" design.

meaning the tables will automaticaly fit the screen. If done right it can look very good, especialy when you have a 2 or 3 column layout.

www.digital-web.com...

top topics

join