It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world after a nuclear war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I plucked this of the net it is a very detailed descriptionof chernobyl and the effects there and what made it a "dead city"

The map above shows the radiation levels in different parts of the dead zone. The map will soon be replaced with a more comprehensive one that identifies more features.

It shows various levels of radiation on asphalt - usually on the middle of road - because at edge of the road it is twice as high. If you step 1 meter off the road it is 4 or 5 times higher. Radiation sits on the soil, on the grass, in apples and mushrooms. It is not retained by asphalt, which makes rides through this area possible. I have never had problems with the dosimeter guys, who man the checkpoints. They are experts, and if they find radiation on you vehicle, they give it a chemical shower. I don't count those couple of times when "experts" tried to invent an excuse to give me a shower, because those had a lot more to do with physical biology than biological physics.....

Kinda scary since the most likey a nuclear holocoust willlend the world

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hey, why are you posting this because according to you it doesn't matter anyway, right?

Here is the thread where you said the world will end, and "What does it matter?"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why you got to break my balls man ?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
Why you got to break my balls man ?

Just playin the board kid, thats all.

Though I would try to open this mutha up for some discussion!

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Kind of interesting that you think a nuclear holocaust will end the world. I don't believe so. I believe man will destroy himself millions of years from now, and this dirtball will continue to hurtle through space.

Back on topic, however...
Chernobyl will never be the same again. However, that can happen anywhere at any time. How many close calls have there been that the public wasn't informed about? I live 80 or so miles from Three Mile Island...my children and I are in great danger should something happen.

But I have a life to live, kids to raise, a job to go to....the world has to end sometime, in some way. I'm enjoying my life while I can.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Imo the world wont end during or after a nuclear war. These article's go into some depth on why the risk have been massively overblown for some reason.

THE MYTHS OF CHERNOBYL

Fortunately, the human body can repair most radiation damage if the daily radiation doses are not too large. As will be explained in Appendix B, a person who is healthy and has not been exposed in the past two weeks to a total radiation dose of more than 100 R can receive a dose of 6 R each day for at least two months without being incapacitated.

Only a very small fraction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki citizens who survived radiation doses some of which were nearly fatal have suffered serious delayed effects. The reader should realize that to do essential work after a massive nuclear attack, many survivors must be willing to receive much larger radiation doses than are normally permissible. Otherwise, too many workers would stay inside shelter too much of the time, and work that would be vital to national recovery could not be done. For example, if the great majority of truckers were so fearful of receiving even non-incapacitating radiation doses that they would refuse to transport food, additional millions would die from starvation alone.

The authoritative study by the National Academy of Sciences, A Thirty Year Study of the Survivors qf Hiroshima and Nagasaki, was published in 1977. It concludes that the incidence of abnormalities is no higher among children later conceived by parents who were exposed to radiation during the attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki than is the incidence of abnormalities among Japanese children born to un-exposed parents.The Dangers from Nuclear Weapons: Myths and Facts

The UNSCEAR 2000 Report

he Truth About Chernobyl Is Told

RADIATION VERSUS CANCER

Stellar

[edit on 17-1-2006 by StellarX]

top topics

join