It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God I hate those #%*!ing IPods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What the %$#!? they suck, and the new video IPod the screen is sooo small, my Palm pilot was cheaper and it does way more, like email and web, also games, better video, and Mp3s also, plus the battery lasts way longer.
and people go crazy when it comes out. why?

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't see why you hate them. They're not bad. I like my Ipod Nano, it plays songs and plays them well and that's all I really need so I'm happy with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I boutght a ipod 40GIG a little over a year ago from now. I take care of my stuff and am now on my 4th!!!! They all Broke! Apple was super cool about replacing them for free but now Im over my one year warranty so this one better last. Im afraid to use it cause it might die like all the others. They are just so pretty and look so nice next to my all powerful G5, it is a hard marketing ploy to resist.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've had my 20gb for a year no problems whatsoever and it looks cool to. I plan on upgrading to the new Video iPod. My battery life is fine like 12ish hours.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ipod nano is quite neat, had it for a few weeks now.

Only problem I can notice is the screen, it scratches too easily

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ipods are overrated, they are the last string that keeps apple alive, it became more of a fashion statement, and the quality of the device sucks.
there are much better devices out there for the same price that do 50 more things than the damn ipod, and the name is stupid too.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
Ipod nano is quite neat, had it for a few weeks now.

Only problem I can notice is the screen, it scratches too easily

This is a defect in the nanos, and I beleive that they are replacing them free of charge, (the screens, not the whole device). You should go to the dealer and have it fixed before the time limit is up.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think they suck, but then, I think most Apple products suck. Poor build quality and too much plastic if you ask me. That's why I have one of these:

It's a wicked mp3 player, good build quality, funky retro looks. Unfortunately, it is totally let down by the software shipped with it. It's called SonicStage, and it SUCKS!

Yet, somehow, life goes on...

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by belorus
my Palm pilot was cheaper and it does way more

Ya know...I never thought about that - That's a great point!

Unfortunately, both my palm pilot and my ipod have been collecting dust recently...

These past few years have just been a steady wave of constant obseletion - Try this brand new product! It's hip! It's cool! It's in!

For five minutes....

Then the next best thing comes along and blows it out of the water...At least there was like a 2-3 year gap a decade or so ago...

What can I say though - I listen to 80s music and don't get out much....

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Besides,
Cameras are cooler.
Right Enron?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
I've had my 20gb for a year no problems whatsoever and it looks cool to. I plan on upgrading to the new Video iPod. My battery life is fine like 12ish hours.

thats good to here. im getting a 30Gig one for christmas, is there anything i should know before i start playing with it?

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have a 20gig gateway mp3 player.
It cost me $112 american.
It is a bit larger and heavier, but it is metal faced and metal controls.
The software is fine with me and is pretty mindless to learn.

Ipod is crap according to independent online studies.
The software is garbage and I read that the tech support is cat crap.
I researched the hell out of all brands to get the most for my $$.
I personally never met an Ipod owner who was satisfied with it.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Besides,
Cameras are cooler.
Right Enron?

Damn skippy!!

Of course, the next ipod will have a built-in camera and a....oh wait....Yeah - That's right - They already have cell phones that use iTunes - Jeez - I wonder what they'll release on the unsuspecting John Q next?!

Well, shadow watcher - In all honesty, I'm a satisfied iPod owner....Of course, I didn't buy it straight from the store - A friend of mine sold it to me....Never had a problem with it...Paid less than half of what it was worth with 2000 songs preloaded on it, so I can't complain...

In fact, the guy I bought it from recently went for a swim in his pool and forgot to take his own iPod out of his pocket (
) - Well....He's quite the shiesty little fella and decided he'd "dry it out" in the hot summer sun for about two days

Sent it back to get repaired claiming "it just stopped working" - Got a brand new ipod about two weeks later...

Of course, I'm not condoning anyone go out and do that....But hey!! That's some quality customer service!

(I'm sure the guys at Apple reading this are pulling the hair out of their heads over that little story - Relax fellas....Apple's still making more money than they'll ever be able to put to good use, and besides, I'm sure that's not the first time they've had the wool pulled over their eyes)

[edit on 12/2/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The Message Is The Medium

Originally posted by belorus
and people go crazy when it comes out. why?

Marketing.

They bombard the public with U2's latest powerchords embedded with subliminal messages accompanied by images of dancing sillhouettes sporting iPodery -- also embedded with subliminal messages.

People then use the iPods to download music that contains subliminal messages, and the cycle begins anew.

Abandon all hope...

Resistance is futile.

new topics

top topics

join