It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Vs Muslim in USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
today in Oakland ca. two liquor stores were vandalized at about the same time by "well dressed black men" belived to be black musliums. the news showed a 20 second video clip of men trashing a store they broke most of the alcoholic drinks and threw what was on the shelves on the floor. at the same time the workers were stopped at gun point from doing anything. the man with the gun said" why are muslims selling alcohol?" the clerks who were arabic musilms said in the interview " we will be ready for them next time" I live in oakland and there are luiqor stores sometimes 3 in one block. i don't want to belive that people need that much alcohol. but i guess they do

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
well the clercks cant really be muslim because it is something that is forbidden by Islam and that is to consume and sell alcohol to others

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
actually, alcohol is not forbidden in islam, much less the selling of it. The word used in the verse is intoxicants and it says something like.....in it is benefits and harm, and the harm outweighs the good, and God ADVISES muslims to stay away from it.
Forbidden/haram is a totally different thing. And even though muslims and non muslims alike seem to think alcohol is haram, its not.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
well the clercks cant really be muslim because it is something that is forbidden by Islam and that is to consume and sell alcohol to others

So because of that they aren't 'true' muslims? Its hardly up to other people if a person is a muslim or not. Wine is produced in great quantities in IRAN and sold all across the world. Lots of muslims enjoy a nice drink every now and then.

If anyone isn't a muslim, its these Nation of Islam ers. They have a new prophet, who communicated a message from god himself, to start the movement, which is completely contrary to islam, where mohammed is the last prophet who receives the perfect message from god.

Also, is it not alcohol produced from wheat that is not permited, rather than all alcohol?

Also, consider that Omar Khayyam's great work clearly shows that wine was enjoyed throughout the islamic world.

[edit on 25-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I think it is more to do with tolerance and patience. I think it has a lot to do with comprehension of text from the Holy Books from any religion. Knowledge plays a very important role in digesting these verses. I dont think mingling them with our emotions or our experience can give us the knowledge spoken in these books. I am sure all of you will agree that no religion will agree to such extreme steps, but it is a few who fail to comprehend. Throughout history, there have been extremists and tyrannts, but youll find that love and peace is the way forward. I hope this is the way the world moves ahead. Classic example would that be the life of Mohandas Gandhi. A good read book "My Experience with Truth" by Mohandas K Gandhi.

new topics

top topics

join