It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why does labor take the hit, delta+gm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
why is it that when a corporation get into financial trouble labor always takes the hit. delta airlines wants the labor contract thats in force now and make it dissapear so it can lower the pilots saleries by as much as 50%. general motors laying off thousands because of poor sales. do you think that any of management will take any sort of cut in pay and benefits because of the financial troubles? i think not. wait a minute isn't it the job of ceo's cfo's and all vice vice vice president's to keep thier companies out of financial trouble? isn't that why these clowns are payed multi million $ salaries to keep the company out of such trouble. if the company is in such dire financial straits shouldn't they be the ones getting the axe for not doing thier jobs. or if they are such devoted company men if the company is in trouble shouldn't they be the first to step up and volunteer to take a pay cut to help out. maybe big buisness should start doing things in reverse. start the layoffs and the pay cuts at top and work your way down. without the skilled labor force in place theres no company to save.

posted on Nov, 23 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Where else would you cut costs? If Delta cuts flights, or routes they make less money, which means they lay off more workers. The money has to come from SOMEWHERE, and cutting your services, in the case of Delta, would just make things worse.

posted on Nov, 24 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i don't think you got the point. with upper management making upwards of 20-30 million a year shouldn't they be taking the pay cut. thats not just one guy in a company that size. theres the vice president of vice presidents to the vice president of seating arrangements. the corporate ladder could stand to have a few rungs removed. if you remove every other rung from a ladder you can still climb it, its just a little harder. wouldn't do them any harm to do a little more work for the millions they get. take a million from each of the big wigs and that pays 5 pilots for the year. would you want to be on a plane right after the pilot got his pay cut in half. i'd want my pilot to be a real happy guy and not have things like the company he works for screwed him on his mind.

[edit on 24-11-2005 by ministock]

new topics

join