It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my daughter has a heart murmur

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was diagnosed with a heart murmur as a child and asthma in my early 20s. (I think I had the asthma all along, but symptoms like shortness of breath and chest pain also are that of a heart murmur). I'm mid 30s now and still have both. I have to watch when I'm doing anything very active like running around with the kids or when allergy season hits, but as long as you help your daughter recognize the early warnings of either an asthma attack or complications from a heart murmur and how to deal with it and react she should be just fine.

My heart murmur sent me to the hospital once around age 10, because I didn't recognize that the shortness of breath and chest pain were from a medical condition and not just a nasty baseball practice and I passed out. Since that time I was very aware of what it felt like early on and played sports throughout my youth including varsity soccer in high school. So again I say the best thing is just educating and monitoring your daughter to prevent a trip to the ER or an ambulance call.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Kathy complains a lot that her heart hurts. It is hard to tell if that is fron the asthma or the heart murmur or not. Kathy also had some tests done to veritfy that she has asthma or not. We go back to see her doc at the end of this month and her specalist in May so hopfully we will have more info to work with.

<< 1   >>

join